DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/6/18

victor

What a stupid way to debut Nikki based off what I've seen.  Becky is too deep into her heel persona now to sell the 'oh shit' reaction that should occur when a wild psychopath runs into the ring full speed.  As it was, Nikki looks like she's freaking out to no reaction from her opponent and it fails to make an impression.  We are left with the feeling that Becky isn't scared of her and tapped her out immediately.  Where does Nikki even go from there?

They really should have dumped the six woman tag on Evolution and used it to showcase Nikki, Bianca and Lacey Evans against the faces.  It would have given 3 talents a big stage, someone to react to them and no one would care if Lacey drops a fall because she's a jerk.

The silver lining is Nikki is on SD rather than the barren wasteland that is Raw. 

Nikki being the whistleblower in NXT's biggest summer angle is the perfect send off for her. She's done pretty much everything (besides winning the women's title, but that ship sailed) there is to do in NXT. She's done her time, she's 'bout to get paid.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rick said:

The instant pairing with sanity was a call-up to me. There's no backtracking out of that now. Plus flying a talent across the Atlantic for a spontaneous one time segment with Becky doesn't sound like good money management to me, idk. 

Haven't seen the show yet, outside of some snippets on wreddit (hey @FlaeBlazer!). 

I figured they brought Nikki over so they could have another UK woman wrestle on their European tour, plus Nikki has traveled with the main roster crew before (see announcement of Evolution) so it's not out of the realm that she would be brought over for European adventures.

Also I think they would've hammered it home that she has left NXT. Have we seen any reaction from Bianca that she ran Nikki off from NXT yet? 

9 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I figured they brought Nikki over so they could have another UK woman wrestle on their European tour, plus Nikki has traveled with the main roster crew before (see announcement of Evolution) so it's not out of the realm that she would be brought over for European adventures.

Also I think they would've hammered it home that she has left NXT. Have we seen any reaction from Bianca that she ran Nikki off from NXT yet? 

Candice challenged Nikki to a match on this week’s NXT, right?

12 hours ago, Peck said:

Candice challenged Nikki to a match on this week’s NXT, right?

Yeah, and they didn't mention her being on SD so I'd say it might be a one off. But Ruby hung around on NXT for a little while after being called up so it could be both. I don't read spoilers so I don't know what happens next week, then they have the San Jose taping so who knows.