DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/6/18

victor

Sounds like a good show, Nikki Cross debuts.

Shane McMahon and Paige are out first, with the World Cup trophy in the ring. Shane is roundly booed, Paige wildly cheered... mission accomplished! The GM referring to the commissioner as the “Best in the World” gets a CM Punk chant. Shane says he may not be the Best in the World and admits he acted impulsively at Crown Jewel. The trophy belongs to SmackDown, not to him.

- Daniel Bryan is announced as the captain of SmackDown’s men’s team. Miz comes out shortly after that reveal, wearing a suit and limping a bit to sell his injury from Riyadh. Miz wants to be captain, and Shane agrees? They’re co-captains!

- Two matches announced for later: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade Almas, and New Day vs. The Usos with the winner getting to captain a Survivor Series tag team-team.

- Backstage, Miz and Bryan both agree that Shane should be on the team. We’re supposed to get the final two members announced before the end of the show.

- The Usos def. The New Day in what’s being called another great match in their already legendary rivalry. Jimmy & Jey will captain the blue brand’s squad. Their first act is to name New Day to the team.

- Bryan wants to put Rey on the SS team, and Miz agrees... provided he “impresses” the A-Lister when he faces Cien later. The two captains will also each pick someone for a match later, and the winner of that match will get the final spot.

- THE CHAMP IS HERE. Becky Lynch wants to know who the hell Ronda Rousey thinks she is to tell The Champ anything. You hold a championship, but you’re not one - yet. Lynch says she wasn’t hand picked like Ronda, but here she is. Rousey hasn’t been tested yet, but when she faces The Man, her body will be let down by her “weak” mind. Becky wants a fight tonight, and she’s gonna get one... NIKKI CROSS IS HERE! She’s out with SAnitY for a non-title match.

- Becky Lynch def. Nikki Cross via submission with Dis-Arm-Her in ~5 minutes; some on Twitter described it as “not a squash”, others said “Yikes”, so...

- For the final SS men’s team spot, Miz picks Samoa Joe and Bryan picks Jeff Hardy. That match is tonight, as well.

- Shinsuke Nakamura is shown on the Titantron talking about his match with Seth Rollins.

- Rey Mysterio def. Andrade “Cien” Almas. Almas did not have Zelina Vega with him for what was said to be a good match.

- Randy Orton shows up to RKO Rey afterwards. Miz confirms Mysterio is on the team.

- Paige will reveals the women’s team later. She also announces a (likely dark match) main event of Miz & Orton vs. Bryan & AJ Styles.

- AJ cuts a promo on Brock from the ‘tron.

- The SmackDown Women’s Survivor Series team is...Carmella, Naomi, Sonya Deville, Asuka and Charlotte Flair. Charlotte doesn’t come out, instead we get Mandy Rose wanting to know why she’s been overlooked. This leads to a staredown between Mandy and Sonya, but no Charlotte.

- Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy via submission with a Coquina Clutch in “relatively short order” to claim the final SS spot.

- Bryan is out, I guess to congratulate/confirm Joe as a teammate, and they end up brawling with DB getting the best of it. Miz comes out and gets involved, which brings out Shane to break things up. McMahon ends up being taken out by Bryan, and that’s the show.

Becky/Nikki definitely wasn't a squash. Nikki shouldn't be tapping out in her main roster debut, but at least she got a decent amount of offense in. Sanity feels complete with her. With a tag team Survivor Series match, Sanity might actually make the card.

I love seeing Nikki on the main roster but isn't Sanity a sinking ship already.  Maybe a roster change to RAW will save them but I don't see it.   Also given how they have changed the look of their best talent in Killian Dain that also worries me.  

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I love seeing Nikki on the main roster but isn't Sanity a sinking ship already.  Maybe a roster change to RAW will save them but I don't see it.   Also given how they have changed the look of their best talent in Killian Dain that also worries me.  

In all fairness to them, they haven't been given a legitimate chance to succeed or fail. 

Usos/New Day and Rey/Almas were predictably great.

Becky's reply to Ronda was wonderful. The match with Nikki was decent, but had an incredibly dumbass ending with Nikki tapping. The only ways that match should have ended was with Nikki out or dq.

I dug AJ's and Nakamura's short promos

I like that awkward feeling Miz and Bryan had whenever they agreed.

The women's SS team announcement was interesting. I like Sonya, but she feels out of place with the faces. I did like that its seemingly led to some sort of story for her and Mandy. That said, it would be nice if we didn't have best friends breaking up again. We just saw it with Becky and Charlotte, and have started it with Dean and Seth. No need for a third.

I kind of had Joe/Jeff on in the background so I only paid attention to Bryan kicking everyone's ass. I want more of that.

59 minutes ago, hammerva said:

This is exactly why I never wanted Nikki with Sanity on the main roster. I like them, but they have always screamed midcard to me as a whole. Nikki was/is the star of the group. Only her and Dain really showed potential to be something noteworthy beyond it, and even Dain I don't see great things for (he would be better off in NXT UK).

SHANE O MAC is on the team! Sonya Deville got a spot! I'm good with those lineups. Only thought Orton should've been on Team SDL considering his Survivor Series history and wish Hardy had a bigger role in general but he seems to lose all his big matches these days.

Also at least to me, that opening promo seemed designed to shut down the Shane O heel turn talk. Hopefully anyways.

8 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I don't think this was a call-up for Nikki. I thought this was more of "We're in the UK and Hunter really likes this Nikki girl, let's put her against Becky"

The instant pairing with sanity was a call-up to me. There's no backtracking out of that now. Plus flying a talent across the Atlantic for a spontaneous one time segment with Becky doesn't sound like good money management to me, idk. 

Haven't seen the show yet, outside of some snippets on wreddit (hey @FlaeBlazer!). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Mandy did get to eliminate like 3 or 4 in the Battle Royal at Evolution she got the McCool push in the match. 

Mandy got to shine because of her boyfriend, Tino Sabbatelli? Highly unlikely. I think it's more because of her famous father.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

See this:

Becky is absolutely the face in this match. We know Ronda isn't the brightest based on some beliefs that have been shared publically, but they're her opinions and she's entitled to them. The comments about Becky just make Ronda look like a cunt, quite honestly. There really aren't a lot of, or any face-like qualities about Ronda's character at all.

• Like 1