DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/5/18

victor

It just happened.

The show begins with the whole locker room on the stage, and security is around the ring as Baron Corbin makes his entrance. Corbin announces he will be the captain of Team RAW at Survivor Series. He says Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler will also join him. Alexa Bliss will captain the ladies’ team, but she will manage them and not compete due to injury. Kurt Angle comes out and says he wants a spot on Team RAW, and it’s announced Corbin will face Angle, with the winner being team captain. Corbin ends up running away from Strowman after he [Strowman] beats up some of the security guards to end the segment.

Riott Squad vs Bayley, Sasha Banks & Natalya
– It was stated that the winning team would earn spots on the Women’s Survivor Series team, but the match ended without a clear winner. Natalya wore sunglasses belonging to her father, the late Jim Neidhart, and Ruby broke them.

Apollo Crews defeated Jinder Mahal

Seth Rollins came out to address his situation with Dean Ambrose, but Baron Corbin ended up making him defend the titles instead of forfeit them.

RAW Tag Team Championship
AOP defeated Seth Rollins (c) to WIN the titles
– Ambrose teased telling Rollins why he attacked him, but ended up hitting Dirty Deeds

Dolph Ziggler comes out and says he was robbed at Crown Jewel, then he is interrupted by Elias, who sings a song.

Elias defeated Dolph Ziggler
– Elias won with the Drift Away

Ronda Rousey comes out for a promo and the fans chant for Becky Lynch, so Ronda gives her props. Ronda then says Becky might be ‘The Man’, but she’s the baddest bitch on the planet.

Nia Jax defeated Ember Moon
– Nia won a squash match, then Tamina came out and they both attacked Ember and embraced, seemingly turning Nia heel.

The main event is changed to Drew McIntyre versus Kurt Angle after Baron Corbin runs away from Braun Strowman and escapes in a car. Before speeding away, he put Drew in the main event.

Before he leaves, he puts Drew McIntyre in the main event in his place

Bobby Lashley defeated Finn Balor
– Rush gets involved, leading to Lashley picking up the win. Drew McIntyre has a staredown with Lashley, then helps Balor up and drops him with a Claymore kick.
Dolph returns, and he and McIntyre head back into the ring where Angle’s still recovering. That brings the return of Strowman. He saves Kurt from the two-on-one, and he and Drew trade offense. Braun gets the last shot in and stands tall.

The women's tag was going well until that ending. Why they had Nattie sit and cry and not try to murder Ruby, I have no idea.

Glad AOP have the belts. I'm sad it wasn't via a match against both Dean and Seth. I did enjoy Dean taking out Seth again.

Ronda's promo was nice. Nia/Ember was nice and nowhere near the simple squash that report made it sound like. Nia and Tamina finally joining forces pleases me. Now give them the damn women's tag titles.

I dug Lashley/Balor.

I enjoyed Drew/Kurt. They must be big on Drew with how well he has been protected and built this run. Kind of surprised we didn't get to see the post match with Braun saving the day.

I know its pointless with this company. But wouldn't it have been more effective to have the Revival beat the Shield, to give Ambrose more motivation to betray Rollins. Then they could get a few defenses in and the Authors get a win over a team with some momentum and would help build another team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Uuuuuh, that didn't happen.

That was probably just meant for the home crowd.   "Send 'em home happy."  

At this point, I doubt even Vince remembers that Drew & Braun were semi-feuding a couple of weeks ago. 

The best thing about Tamina and Nia teaming up is we should get Wimpie matches but the poor Job girls should get hazard pay because with those two them getting concussed is very high. 

45 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The women's tag was going well until that ending. Why they had Nattie sit and cry and not try to murder Ruby, I have no idea.

Only thing I got is she does cry a lot on Total Divas. The weird thing to me is breaking someone's glasses draws a No Contest so I hope Lio Rush when Lashley is in trouble one week breaks his glasses to try to draw the No Contest. 

3 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Only thing I got is she does cry a lot on Total Divas. The weird thing to me is breaking someone's glasses draws a No Contest so I hope Lio Rush when Lashley is in trouble one week breaks his glasses to try to draw the No Contest. 

I think it was no contest because everyone was out of the ring. Whatever the case it was a really stupid way to end an otherwise nice match. There should have been a damn uncontrollable brawl.

11 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Is Balor in the doghouse or something?

Well, let's spin the wheel to see what you land on. It could be:

- "He doesn't need to win to stay over."
- "Wins and losses don't matter."
- "He's how short?!"
- "He doesn't need a title."
- "What's Evan Bourne still doing here?"
- "Creative has nothing for you."
- "He's in the main event, isn't he?!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I enjoyed Drew/Kurt. They must be big on Drew with how well he has been protected and built this run. Kind of surprised we didn't get to see the post match with Braun saving the day.

I mean Drew is Vince's Chosen One

Finn beat Lashley the last two weeks, I was thinking Lashley was in the doghouse (combined with losing clean to Seth in 5 minutes at Saudimania), it's just being brought around to the traditional 50/50 booking now.

Women's tag ending that was bizarre with the crowd seemingly declaring it a double countout. AOP have done nothing for me since the drake maverick pairing. Elias/Dolph was pretty good with a surprisingly clean finish. Matches with Ronda make Nia turn heel apparently.

Drew/Angle was reminiscent of Roman/Undertaker with Drew just dominating the old legend til he can barely stand.

• Like 1

I would be fine with Drew being the guy to beat Lesnar for the belt, honestly.

Put the IC strap on Elias. He's actually pretty hot right now and Seth is stale, plus he's gotta build the program with Dean.

Finn needs to be on Smackdown. His talent is going to waste. Could have some good work with Nakamura, Styles, Bryan, etc.