DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 in Tokyo Dome 1/4/19

Raziel

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I thought maybe they'd move Dash to Budokan, but this is also a solution.

The other thing I pondered they could do is Dominion in theĀ Osaka Dome. One big dome show at a time I suppose. Fuck, how are they going to make compelling cards to fill up the dome back to back?

21 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Another thing, Sakura Genesis was not mentioned, so safe bet that at least for this year it is replaced by G1 Supercard.

Yeah I donā€™t know Japanese, but they showed a shot of cherry blossoms and then immediately cut to msg. Guess we wonā€™t be stuck with a jay lethal vs dalton castle main event there.Ā 

That match was insane, forget the jr tag,Ā that will be tough for everyone to follow. Great start.Ā 

It's too bad that opened but I think it lived up to the hype. I don't like the idea of Will beating Ibushi (and in such decisive fashion) in his first attempt but God damn what a match that was. I would've liked to see Ibushi bring a little bit more of his meanness/SNAPPED Ibushi mode but the story was that Will kind of took over when it went into the Nakamura/Ibushi zone of violence.

Just now, Casey said:

I really wish they wouldn't do stretcher jobs unless it's real, because I don't know if I'm being worked or not.

Pro wrestling, bruuuuther.

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Ibushi doing a stretcher job for Will fucking Ospreay lol.

Will is going to be their top babyface foreigner if/when Kenny leaves. He's going to be a big star.

Just now, matt925 said:

Ā 

That match was insane, forget the jr tag,Ā that will be tough for everyone to follow. Great start.Ā 

Well, yeah, but the Juniors tag used to open the show. This year they don't get to set the pace, they have to follow THAT.

• Like 1

I really think Desperado is a wonderful rudo hand but I couldn't give a single fuck about this match. Roppongi 3K... I'm over them even though I think they're both fine but flawed individual performers. Go away heat in this current set-up though. SO inorganic and bland. Fuck off Rocky too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The other thing I pondered they could do is Dominion in theĀ Osaka Dome. One big dome show at a time I suppose. Fuck, how are they going to make compelling cards to fill up the dome back to back?

I confused EDION Arena with Osaka Jo Hall and forgot they were already doing DominionĀ there. I think that's a big enough venue. Maybe they can experiment with a dome show outside Tokyo when it makes more sense.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

I really think Desperado is a wonderful rudo hand but I couldn't give a single fuck about this match. Roppongi 3K... I'm over them even though I think they're both fine but flawed individual performers. Go away heat in this current set-up though. SO inorganic and bland. Fuck off Rocky too.

I agree, but Shingo makes this match interesting because he's Shingo Takagi.

• Like 1