DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 in Tokyo Dome 1/4/19

Raziel

4 hours ago, sevendaughters said:

new BTE seems to suggest Kenny to AEW.

Having watched and spent too much time bouncing around wrestletwitter, I present the following stupid speculation: It seems like Kenny goes to AEW, and will then work a handful of New Japan dates as an attraction, possibly/probably free from a real AEW partnership. This can't happen yet, though, because ROH still has some leverage due to the MSG show.

And of course, people have spent hours losing their minds over Dave's claim that things are changing every minute. Oh, oh, I know! Maybe New Japan expected to get a sweetheart deal from Omega, and he's insisting they fully partner with his friends, or lose him altogether? God. I really hate that I'm invested in all this.

I also don't like Jay's blue hair. He already borders on mall punk scenester without it; no need to invite the comparisons even further.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

People don't get what they really want in puroresu. They yearn and yearn for years and years and then Kawada vacates over a broken arm.

Or loses it in his second defense. Or his first defense. Or vacates it because of a knee injury...

Fair. I'll also cite Tenzan coming back from excursion with a new look and a new finisher, winning the G1 in one of his career-best matches, gets denied the Dome main event, finally wins the title on a show no one cares about, drops the belt in his V1 against a very not-ready Nakamura. And then winning the belt back and dropping it right away to Sasaki. And then winning the G1 again, beating Sasaki, and dropping the belt V1 to Fujita. And somewhere in there the screwy 59 minute match with Kojima where he shoot lost the title because of exhaustion. Poor guy. It's sad when you have four IWGP title wins and 3 G1 wins and still you're thought of as a ball-dropper. 

• Like 3

This was my first New Japan show that I've watched in a very very long time. I think the last show I watched was back in 2009 where Tanahashi beat Nakanishi for the title. I've always have kept up with New Japan by always following the results over the years. I will say I felt like the crowd was responsive in all the matches so to me that was great to see considering I felt like with other older Dome shows, I felt like the crowd was always quiet throughout most of the show. I felt like this was a fun show that I enjoyed throughout and I never found myself bored with any of the matches. I'm going to try my best with the New Japan World to keep watching as 2019 goes on along with checking out earlier years. 

Here's what I recommend:

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi at Dominion 2012, Invasion Attack 2013, King of Pro-Wrestling 2013 and Wrestle Kingdom 10.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki at King of Pro-Wrestling 2012.

Kazuchika Okada  vs. Kenny Omega from Wrestle Kingdom 11 and Dominion 2018.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito, 40th Anniversary Show 2012.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sevendaughters said:

I know you didn't ask for recommendations but Dominion from last year and the various great G1 matches talked about on here are well worth your time.

Dominion was great. BOSJ Finals too.

• Like 1