DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] NOVEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Seth Rollins original character was based on him moving his head a lot...D-Lo Brown did it better.

D-Lo wasn't headbanging. I am a metalhead until I die and will always defend metal, so I respectfully disgaree, and say D-Lo didn't do it better.

and now because you don't really need a reason

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

D-Lo wasn't headbanging. I am a metalhead until I die and will always defend metal, so I respectfully disgaree, and say D-Lo didn't do it better.

and now because you don't really need a reason

This is clearly short hair discrimination.  If D-Lo had Seth Rollins' flowing locks this wouldn't even be a contest.  Ironically the two people who may be at the very bottom of the head movement spectrum...The Head Bangers.  They did more stomping than headbanging.  

0nNGj3p.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

So with the new wave of contracts for the NXT-UK wrestlers it's apparently going to stick around for a while. Does that mean we could possibly get an NXT Survivor Series which will be the only time the NXT brands go head to head?!

• Like 1

Various TV taping thoughts...

Spoiler

Shayna/Dakota was really good. Dakota's kicks and double stomps are tremendous, as is her selling.

This maybe an unpopular opinion, but Bianca Belair, Lacey Evans and Dakota Kai are much better than the other women on the roster after Shayna, of course.

Marina Shaffir looked way better than Jessamyn Duke. Her offense and mannerisms are far better and she seems a lot more natural in the ring overall.

Mini #DIY reunion during the steel cage match between Johnny Gargano and Aleister Black. Gargano won.

Ciampa/Black at NXT TakeOver Phoenix for the title.

Ricochet defended the title against Tyler Breeze. Seems Breeze is back in NXT.

Jason Ryker botched his finish two times in a squash match and they had to redo it. Not his fault entirely however.

Riddle/Ohno was pretty good, too.

UE defended the titles against Heavy Machinery. Fun match. UE against guys bigger than them always delivers.

Oney Locran and Danny Burch had another fun match against the Mighty. Easily the best match from the Mighty I've ever seen. Locran and Burch are great. Probably my second favorite tag team after UE.

No Street Profits, War Raiders or Keith Lee tonight.

Per Meltzer - Shane Helms will be a guest coach at the PC and will also get a tryout as an agent at some of the NXT House shows (I am guessing the Florida loop ones)

Apparently he was the agent for the well received Kenny Omega/Fenix match a few weeks ago

And to go back to potential call-ups - Meltzer said that EC3 is on "the list" for callups (obviously we know that changes)

The exact quote "EC 3 was at least in recent weeks on the list for the next call-ups whenever that will be."

Binging up on NXTUK. Like a lot, I watched the first two and then the two a week schedule completely swamped me. Got up to episode 6 last night. 

I was pretty unfamiliar with the Coffeys but I think I like them as heels. Good look and I enjoyed the promo the one cut when they formed the Gallus stable. El Ligero also impressed as I never cared for a lot of his stuff I saw in other UK groups. 

Dunne vs Burch was pretty good but I thought they had a second gear they never went into. I was hoping for a Regal vs Fit style fight and it never quite got there.

One slight knock so far is that what distinguished a lot of the UK scene to me was how fun it seemed to be there. Like PROGRESS, OTT, to an extent Rev Pro seemed like you were watching wrestling from a rowdy, drunk, lewd club. NXTUK seems a little too slick, too clean and the crowd feels like they're doing an imitation of what UK crowds are supposed to do and the wrestlers seems like slightly muted versions of themselves from their home companies. Like, I get your mileage may vary on the BSS vaudeville matches but Bate and Seven are a blast doing that and I'm not sure them as valiant smiling babyfaces works the same. 

• Like 2

Managed to pick up 2 tickets for the post TakeOver Phoenix TV tapings. I tried picking up 2 non GA tickets, but they were sold out before the tickets even went live. I guess those are reserved ahead or something.

Need tickets for the January 3 tapings, but there's no way I'm paying $43 - $155 from scalpers.

Edit: And apparently last nights NXT Live Ocala event took place in a tent and Lee challenged Ciampa for the title...