DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] NOVEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I'm guessing they are recording 2 weeks in San Jose? They are also scheduled for a TV taping on 11/28 back at Full Sail.

Yeah - I guess this means they won't tape before Takeover (which they normally do)

Which makes me wonder if there is gonna be a NXT Kickoff show match for once

One of my favorite “little things” that NXT does well is the opening intro. In addition to ending with shots of the champions, they seem to constantly update it with little tweaks, like right now towards the end they have a shot of Ciampa with a crutch, followed by Gargano with a crutch, and then a close up of Black’s face seething.  It’s the sort of attention to detail that makes the lack of such things on the main roster more frustrating.

• Like 4

So 11/15 - which is now the date of the San Jose show that is TV taping - the WWE is doing a Mania Ticket Sale Party at MetLife Stadium with a few matches.

One of the matches is Ohno vs. Riddle. So they won't be at the taping.

I have no honest idea why but ever since coming back from vacation in early August it's been hard for me to catch up on NXT.  I would go for a time where I'd be behind on 7 or 8 episodes, watch a few then somehow be behind 7 or 8 episodes again.  But I'm thankfully only three behind so it's not bad now.

I will say though that watching Ricochet/Dunne I'm in full agreement with it being WWE MOTY.  I'm going to have to really consider everything come December but everything about that was so sublime.  Heck, I'm not even mad at the DQ as that accomplished what it needed to.  And while I haven't seen Johhny's reveal as the attacker (I don't mind spoilers) the story they've been telling so far has been largely well-done.  Not sure why it took Regal a bit to consider what Nikki knew but loved how they did her telling Black when he appeared.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming they will be doing post- Survivor Series callups again so that could also completely change the people you are seeing too

Any rumored potential call ups?

Please not Velveteen Dream...

9 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Any rumored potential call ups?

Please not Velveteen Dream...

That's the only name being speculated right now.

(To be fair - it was by a random guy I never heard of on a podcast I never heard of)

EC3 doesn't really fit in NXT anyways. Aleister Black has been a fully formed product pretty much since he debuted. Gargano and Ciampa have been in NXT for forever.  Lots of prime candidates for call-up, but since they always seem to do at least one nonsensical promotion (coughNiaJaxcough), it'll probably be Forgotten Sons or someone.