DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] NOVEMBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Rick said:

is he any good? He looks like the offspring of Joey Janela and Necro Butcher. I'm going to assume he is awesome.

Velveteen and Nikki Cross are strong candidates to make the jump post takeover

Nikki is already on the main roster now.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think EC3 is lock to be among the next group of call-up's.

He feels like Bobby Roode 2.0 so I'm fine with him being called up.

EC3 was really good in Impact. I don't think he needed to be in nxt. I would have brought to the main roster with vignettes reminiscent of the Million Dollar Man's to establish him as a heel. He would have had a better shot as heel, as not all of the main roster audience follows wrestling outside of WWE, whereas the nxt crowd is mostly aware of non-WWE wrestling. It's hard to treat someone as a heel when you've followed their careers for so long and know their story. In the case of EC3, he started out as Dixie's nephew, handed everything in life, top 1% tax bracket, but over time got over as a face through his work.

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think I’m expecting Lacey Evans to be a “surprise” call up.

Evans seems pretty close to being ready in ring and gimmick wise so I could see it for sure. Also if any of the theories about Vince's predilections for booking certain types of women are even a little true, she will get a rocket strapped to her in a hurry.

• Like 1

Lars Sullivan is the next call up. They just aired his coming soon graphic on the Survivor Series pre-show.

Bummer. He was one of my favorites.

At the tapings they had announced Lars/Dream was for the title contendership and Lars won. Guess they edited that out to have the Ciampa/Dream match they had last night and because Lars was getting the call up.

Lars is homegrown and is a giant. I didn't realize it before, but Meltzer said that Lars put on probably 30 more lbs. and is now as big as Lesnar. From seeing him on TV, I didn't think he looked THAT big, but he has everything going for him in his favor.

ACH is a fun guy to watch live. That January class is already shaping up nicely with Swerve possibly and ACH now. Just need to pick up Darby now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per PWI - unless something happens with his physicals, ACH will also be a part of the January class

He’s coming off a GREAT run with Taguchi in the junior tag league where they stole the show every night.  I was hoping to see more of him in NJPW coming off that.  Hopefully he doesn’t get lost in the minor league shuffle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

So where is everyone gonna find tv time? An extra hour of NXT? Sending a couple to be "foreigners" in NXT UK? 

205Live is definitely going to need some guys to fill out the roster - with Rush and the Lucha Trio being called up recently, there's only 13 active wrestlers (according to WWE.com), 3 of which are probably being shifted over to NXT UK and most of the rest have been on that show for way too long cycling through wrestling each other a million times. 

26 minutes ago, CSC said:

205Live is definitely going to need some guys to fill out the roster - with Rush and the Lucha Trio being called up recently, there's only 13 active wrestlers (according to WWE.com), 3 of which are probably being shifted over to NXT UK and most of the rest have been on that show for way too long cycling through wrestling each other a million times. 

Totally spaced on 205 Live. Good call. 

Do what they should have done a long time ago and just combine 205 Live into NXT. For the past year or so 205 Live has been putting on some of the better weekly matches combined with a lot of character development among the regulars, but there's not much about it to differentiate it as it's own brand. Plenty of guys vacillate between the two anyways and a few of them are ready to be put on the main roster.  Give the extra hour to NXT while the CW title either becomes another midcard NXT title or a special attraction type title that is defended across multiple brands.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EVA said:

He’s coming off a GREAT run with Taguchi in the junior tag league where they stole the show every night.  I was hoping to see more of him in NJPW coming off that.  Hopefully he doesn’t get lost in the minor league shuffle.

I loved the ACH/Taguchi team in the Jr. tag league.