DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE: The WWE AA Franchise

RIPPA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the Evolve show tonight in Orlando. Haven't watched Evolve in a while but it really has turned into WWE developmental. Down to NXT guys signing autographs before the show, playing NXT theme music during intermission and 75% of the matches involving WWE contracted talent. I did enjoy the show though. Mansoor/AR Foxx being the best match and really the only match the crowd was into. I liked Eddie Kingston vs Anthony Gutierez because it was basically Kingston destroying a young guy. Reminded me of the Donst match from Chikara. Main event was Josh Briggs vs Dexter Lumis. Wasn't bad but Briggs isn't a good babyface.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:36 AM, Tim Evans said:

Main event was Josh Briggs vs Dexter Lumis.

*record scratch* Wait, what?  THIS was the main event at an Evolve show?  Fucking hell, man.  I went to the 2300 show when they put it on the network.  And while it was wonderful seeing Heyman in the ECW Arena I could sense that this was the last Evolve show I'd be seeing.  I get that it's developmental for their developmental but it makes me sad thinking about what it used to be.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, Super Ape said:

Word goin' round that EVOLVE has been bought out and dissolved by WWE.

And a month later, PWInsider is saying that’s official.

Kind of gross that a company can lay off employees due to a pandemic, but gobble up an entire company.

It was kind of heartbreaking seeing Trevin talking about Evolve memories and clearance sales.  It was basically saying they're done without officially saying it.  I know he's going to be fine as he has another well-paying job.  But it sucks to see the company go down that downward trajectory for what seems to be quite a long time.  I think the rankings system might have been the start of it as things were coming up Millhouse until people started questioning that.  They still put on good shows but once WWE got their hooks in them that was it.  It's a shame as I enjoyed the shows I've been to.  I just wish that things panned out better for them.