DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE: The WWE AA Franchise

RIPPA

Guest Edwin
Just now, JonnyLaw said:

Technically it’s an Evolve show going up against AEW... *ducks*

You obviously know EVOLVE isn't doing this to celebrate their big 10th Anniversary event. Its obvious they are just doing this to mess with St. Cody and AEW!

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Everyone takes jabs at WWE for their philanthropic approach, yet applaud when someone else does it.

Well too be fair - many folks complaints are specific to them choosing to work with Susan G. Komen

But they aren't the only major corporation to do that

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well too be fair - many folks complaints are specific to them choosing to work with Susan G. Komen

But they aren't the only major corporation to do that

Exactly, but folks only pick and choose whichever ones are of their preference.

We can go on forever about these major corporations being run by sleazebags who take advantage of these opportunities for personal gain or publicity, but we all know that already.

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

No, St. Gabe would never do something like that!

And as we all know, pro-wrestling, as major corporations, have always had a its sleazebags involved in it, but as always, we applaud the ones we like and take jabs and "boycott" the ones we don't like.

Guest Edwin
3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Okay so what are you saying, Edwin? Did you pick a side?

No preference. I hate pro-wrestling and every major corporation.

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I honestly don’t give a shit whether they did this against a charity event, but don’t act like they aren’t counter programming a competitior.

True, but lets not act like they are purposely counter programming a competitor because of its charitable approach.

Edited by Edwin

Well, I find myself in a conundrum.  I was invited to go to the show and the thought of going to the 2300 Arena is too tempting to not check out (yes, I know it's completely different from the ECW days but point stands)  I'll feel bad missing out on Fight for the Fallen live but will be cool with checking the replay the next day.

Guest Edwin
5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I mean I knew someone here was CM Punk. I just needed confirmation.

He was already banned.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Everyone takes jabs at WWE for their philanthropic approach, yet applaud when someone else does it.

Of course when WWE does it, its all about publicity. However, when someone else does it, its because they genuinely care and clearly not about publicity.

I think the main issue people have with WWE's charity work is the extent to which they pat themselves on the back for it. If they weren't constantly running 5-10 minute segments during RAW doing so, I think the reaction would be far different. 

54 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I mean, streaming a 3rd rate indie's show on the Network is hardly undermining a charity show.

It appears Kenny's thought better of this and deleted it. 

Guest Edwin

Have any other details about EVOLVE on the WWE Network been revealed? Will it just be this event or will other events also be streamed on there? Will they eventually add the EVOLVE library to the Network?

Some thoughts from Saturday:

AR Fox is the awesome and needs to be in NXT sooner rather than later.  (Especially at 31 years old)  He and Tyler Breeze (replacing Kyle O'Reilly) tore the damned house down. 

Austin Theory absolutely has the look and I wouldn't be surprised if he bumps up.  

JD Drake just doesn't look like he should be a face.  Maybe it's just having seen Kevin Owens for years now, but they seem to be roughly in the same lane and it just feels like he should be getting booed.  

And Babatunde was wrestling a 99 cent store version of Aiden English.  He was fine.  Just a ton of charisma though. Once Vince realizes he employees him, he'll be on the main roster.  

Overall, this was a very fun show. And like I said, since it's 2 blocks from my apartment, I'll definitely be going back. ?  

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So is this show still on the Network or was it just live?

Yes, the show @Dolfan in NYC attended was not the 10th Anniversary special show that is scheduled to air on the Network.

https://wwnlive.com/event/evolve-131-jul-13th-philadelphia-pa/?v=7516fd43adaa

7/13 from Philly

So far announced is:

Adam Cole vs Akira Tozawa for the NXT Championship

Matt Riddle vs Drew Gulak (non-title)

Josh Briggs vs Anthony Greene

And on Saturday it sure looked like they were setting up a unification (or winner-take-all) match for both the EVOLVE & WWN Championships, so Theory/Drake.  

• Like 1