DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE: The WWE AA Franchise

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm honestly not sure why Ricochet can't wrestle there but seeing both him and Dream at the same show has me even more excited to attend.

Because main roster talent aren't allowed to wrestle on indie shows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because main roster talent aren't allowed to wrestle on indie shows

Oh, right.  I thought since he was finishing up with next set of tapings he'd technically still be NXT but I guess not.  Oh, well.

THANKS VINCE. 

But yeah I got to see Ricochet vs Riddle in Melrose before so Dream is a welcome replacement and almost certainly a far better match with Orange Cassidy. I'm also pretty psyched to see the Street Profits, and Melrose Memorial Hall is a great venue as far as there is barely a bad seat in the house.

Now the key thing is to not drink too much, which is tough when they let you double-fist...

• Like 1

Is King done with TNA? I see he's stayed in EVOLVE. Would love to see him get a Ohno type gig where he works for NXT and also as a Performance Center trainer.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Is King done with TNA? I see he's stayed in EVOLVE. Would love to see him get a Ohno type gig where he works for NXT and also as a Performance Center trainer.

How about a Kingston/Ohno feud with some classic Eddie Kingston promos for old time's sake?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How about a Kingston/Ohno feud with some classic Eddie Kingston promos for old time's sake?

Only if they let them have a lengthy feud similar to the #DIY feud with the same match stipulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Have they announced anything for the WM weekend shows?  I went to MorethanMania and nothing.  I went to WWNlive site and can't find anything.  I usually go to at least the Supershow on Saturday but it isn't worth it if we don't even know who is going to be there.  

Evolve tonight rocked. Some observations: 

The Skulk is a blast. Shane Strickland blew a ton of stuff. Evolve needs better microphones. Montez Ford is great but Dawkins has a damn fine straight punch. Jonathan Silver is as wide as he is tall. Austin Theory has quite the bum. Darby Allin gets everybody behind him effortlessly. Josh Briggs seems like he's playing pretend as big intense guy. Velveteen Dream is so much better an opponent for Orange Cassidy. Ricochet looks like just a other dude in street clothes. Parking in Melrose is great. Lighting and thunder add wonderfully to the ambiance of a show. My tolerance for beer is too high. 

Overall, damn fine evening.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

If you haven't, watch the Aicher/Darby series from 119 and 120.

The match from 119 is OK, but builds towards the very good match at 120.

Aichner working as a bully and as usual Darby as the smaller underdog working from unbeneath. Aichner does a fantastic job ragdolling Darby who of course just lets his body fly all over the place as usual.

The Dream and Street Profits tag against the Unwanted was pretty fun despite some odd moments. Think of an indy equivalent of the Halftime Heat tag match.

Edited by Edwin

On March 22, 2019 at 7:59 PM, Edwin said:

If you haven't, watch the Aicher/Darby series from 119 and 120.

The match from 119 is OK, but builds towards the very good match at 120.

Aichner working as a bully and as usual Darby as the smaller underdog working from unbeneath. Aichner does a fantastic job ragdolling Darby who of course just lets his body fly all over the place as usual.

It was good stuff indeed and to me just further illustrated the mistake of Aichner coming in as a face when his whole deal just works so much better as a heel. Also he absolutely didn't need to be Evolve champion.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, quackhell said:

It was good stuff indeed and to me just further illustrated the mistake of Aichner coming in as a face when his whole deal just works so much better as a heel. Also he absolutely didn't need to be Evolve champion.

Just curious, in your opinion, do you think that illustrated more on the booking mistake of placing Aichner as a face (Booker's error), or the lackluster performance gimmick wise of Aichner realizing he's a face? (Aichner's error)

A bit of both perhaps? Not knowing exactly how it works with WWE talent coming in and who has final decisions on creative for those guys it's hard to say. Maybe it was just a case of giving it a try and then finding out it really didn't take. It makes sense for them to try new things with the talent and treat it like you would moving to a new territory back in the day. If it's a bust there aren't as many eyes on this product and it really doesn't harm the talent. I still argue it did the Evolve title no good, although the Street Profits came in hot and have made the tag belts stronger so eh, what do I know? ?

Guest Edwin

If they are going to continue to book Aichner, might as well book Barthel, too as EU is one of the funnest tag teams in NXT.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Edwin

Austin Theory vs. Raul Mendoza for the title, Angelo Dawkis vs. Eddie Kingston in a Falls Count Anywhere match, Shane Thorne vs. Curt Stallion and Lacey Lane vs. Brandi Lauren have been announced for EVOLVE 125.

They also announced Eric Bugenhagen will be performing at the event, because of course, why not?