DVDVR Message Board

EVOLVE: The WWE AA Franchise

RIPPA

I would say Darby, Strickland, Priscilla, and Henry. Henry might be a little too short but he's really good. I used to think Strickland was all entrance but he impressed me vs Fabian at the last Evolve in Florida. Darby and Priscilla would make a good team in NXT. I have no idea why she's with such a boring sack like Theory. They have no chemistry. But the guy from Evolve who would work best in NXT is AR Fox. But we know that will never happen. Of course, I thought Riddle would never be in NXT but here we are.

Watched EVOLVE 112 and 113. Nothing noteworthy and it just felt like them continuing storylines and rebuilding a bit post NXT calls ups to a lot of the big names. Unfortunately neither of Dream's matches have been uploaded anywhere yet, but the one I'm really looking forward to is the Dream/Darby match.

Watching 114 now which is where the NXT involvement really began to take it's place and they have made it clear that's the direction they were going in. I'll post thoughts on that show later when I get done watching it.

Finishing up 115 at the moment. No stand out matches or anything, but the NXT don't look out of place at all and actually have looked better than a lot of the EVOLVE regulars -- namely the Street Profits and Aichner.

Finished 116 so I'm all up to date and while there weren't any particularly great matches, I will continue to sing the praises of the Street Profits and Aichner. Just constant entertaining performances from both sides with a variety of opponents.

I was really looking forward to Ohno/Strickland and Ali/Darby, but they didn't live up to expectations. Given Ali and Darby's reputation, you would expect them to pull out some crazy spots, but they didn't really for their own sake. The finish with Darby passing out before submitting was pretty cool though.

Because they're fiscally insolvent and will probably be out of business in 6 months when their meager TV contract expires, so why not get them exposure?  

...Or were you just being rhetorical? 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Because they're fiscally insolvent and will probably be out of business in 6 months when their meager TV contract expires, so why not get them exposure?  

Some variation of this statement has been true for at least a decade.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I really hope that's not the case.  Reading rumors about a TV deal elsewhere have me optimistic, but I'd be extremely bummed out if they closed up shop.  I was hoping they'd be there for Queens as I may end up going and that would have been neat to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It was a rhetorical, but I'll only believe Impact is dead when it actually is. How many times were they supposed to be dead by now?

• Like 1

I am kind of confused why Gabe thought that LAX would be allowed to work for EVOLVE in the first place.  EVOLVE is the Double A team of the WWE.  Just because they use TNA footage doesn't mean they are THAT cooperative.    It isn't like MLW which kind of has a relationship with TNA in terms of certain talent which may be getting cut down as well in the future.

Although based on Gabe twitter rants and this new attitude since working for Paul I guess I shouldn't be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Would having a match on Evolve really give them more exposure?

• Like 1

Here is EVOLVE's statement on the issue

EVOLVE's full statement is available below:

"We are sorry to inform you that Impact Wrestling has pulled LAX off the upcoming EVOLVE dates. EVOLVE officials were contacted by LAX and informed that they were needed for something else that weekend. No other explanation was given. Impact Wrestling didn't contact EVOLVE officials and left it up to LAX. There is no heat on LAX as WWN understands the situation they were put in.

"EVOLVE officials had told LAX that the plan was to have matches with EVOLVE Tag Team Champions The Street Profits of Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins that weekend. EVOLVE was informed that LAX would not be able to lose in those matches. In order to avoid any political issues, EVOLVE made one night a triple threat match and the other night a six man tag. This would give the fans the LAX vs. Street Profits matches they wanted, while protecting all parties politically.

"Unfortunately, Impact Wrestling waited until the matches were announced and then pulled the talent the next day. This all could have easily been avoided by not allowing LAX to take the dates in the first place. EVOLVE will no longer consider booking Impact Wrestling contracted talent moving forward. EVOLVE officials are currently working on a replacement and will have news early next week. We apologize for the lineup change, but assure you that EVOLVE will produce something special on for EVOLVE 117 December 15th in Queens, NY and EVOLVE 118 on December 16th in Deer Park, NY. Thank you for your support."

So is Gabe telling people that the reason Impact pulled LAX was because they were planning on losing to the Street Profits?  if so then no shit sherlock.  I haven't caught up on TNA so maybe they lost the title a long time ago but the idea that TNA would have no issues wanting their champs to be pinned in front of 200 people to a mid card NXT tag team is pretty delusional.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So is Gabe telling people that the reason Impact pulled LAX was because they were planning on losing to the Street Profits?  if so then no shit sherlock.  I haven't caught up on TNA so maybe they lost the title a long time ago but the idea that TNA would have no issues wanting their champs to be pinned in front of 200 people to a mid card NXT tag team is pretty delusional.  

Have you been reading Gabe's tweets lately? Delusional is pretty par for the course for him these days.

• Like 1

Kayfabe is dead and all that, but it still feels weird to me that Gabe just declares openly that he wanted to put Street Profits over, but since LAX couldn't lose he decided to make it triple threat that would politically protect LAX*. Like, what the fuck. Just write that Impact got scared that their top tag team might lose to Evolve's top tag team and be done with it.

*This is also one of the reasons why I really don't like multiman clusterfucks. Sure, you weren't pinned, but you still didn't win and thats barely better. What matters is winning.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

These EVOLVE shows at Wrestlemania Weekend are going to be interesting since the company is basically now like a WWE Axxess weekend without the displays and merchandise store.  

DDT is doing a show as part of that WWNLive weekend.

I am going to be fucking pissed if NXT recruits and signs Andreza Giant Panda that weekend.