Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So the wife & I were talking about who we would cast in a WWE Studios remake of The Princess Bride. We came up with the following -

Westley - Finn Balor

Buttercup - Becky Lynch

Humperdink - The Miz

Rugen - Elias

Vizzini - Paul Heyman

Fezzik - Big Show

Inigo Montoya - Seth Rollins

Miracle Max - Daniel Bryan

Valerie - Bree Bella

And of course it would be Triple H or Vince reading to the kids.

Obviously WWE would push others but who would you guys/girls cast?

 

Vince reading to The Grandson whilst intermittently swigging Red Bull and taking bumps of coke, and the story getting more and more erratic and featuring stories about Dr Jerry Graham and his abusive childhood would be money.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Vince reading to The Grandson whilst intermittently swigging Red Bull and taking bumps of coke, and the story getting more and more erratic and featuring stories about Dr Jerry Graham and his abusive childhood would be money.

No kids, that's not cocaine. Don't listen to the DARE officers at school. Grandpa Vince takes Goody's headache powder, and he finds the fastest way for it to work for him is snorting it through a rolled up $100 dollar bill.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So the wife & I were talking about who we would cast in a WWE Studios remake of The Princess Bride. We came up with the following -

Westley - Finn Balor

Buttercup - Becky Lynch

Humperdink - The Miz

Rugen - Elias

Vizzini - Paul Heyman

Fezzik - Big Show

Inigo Montoya - Seth Rollins

Miracle Max - Daniel Bryan

Valerie - Bree Bella

And of course it would be Triple H or Vince reading to the kids.

Obviously WWE would push others but who would you guys/girls cast?

 

I think this is a great list, the only change I might make is Sami for Seth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like Finn for Westley yet I'm not sure I can think of a better choice either. I kind of like Tyler Bate for it if we could extend to NXT UK.

In Other news: https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/11/08/meiko-satomura-tells-yahoo-japan-shell-be-back-in-wwe-in-2019/. Looks like we can expect Meiko to pop up somewhere for match or two next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't really like Finn for Westley yet I'm not sure I can think of a better choice either. I kind of like Tyler Bate for it if we could extend to NXT UK.

In Other news: https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/11/08/meiko-satomura-tells-yahoo-japan-shell-be-back-in-wwe-in-2019/. Looks like we can expect Meiko to pop up somewhere for match or two next year.

Holy shit.  Tyler Bate is Westley.  Liv Morgan reverts back to when she was the cute girl next door as Buttercup.  And Pete Dunne is Rugen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like there should be a place for Jack Gallagher in this. 

I'd also thought Bayley for Buttercup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Seems like there should be a place for Jack Gallagher in this. 

I'd also thought Bayley for Buttercup.

I'm with you on Bayley. She makes far more sense for Buttercup than Becky or Liv.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

And Pete Dunne is Rugen

This issue I have with this is that I can't imagine Dunne turning tail and running when confronted by Inigo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westley was the hardest to cast. We wanted someone good looking but not in a really ‘pretty’ way.

Id argued for Rollins as Westley with Almas as Montoya but the missus said I was stereotyping & pushed for Finn as Westley haha The other option was Edge if we can count him.

Bayley came up for Buttercup but (as harsh as this sounds) neither of us think she is really all that pretty. She feels very plain Jane & so the prettiest princess tag wasn’t sitting well with either of us.

She wanted Broken Matt as the priest for the weddeing.

Vickie Guerrero or Steph would cameo as the old Booer in the town square ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see both Vicki and Steph delivering the line "queen of putrescence" and the extras corpsing in the background

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Westley was the hardest to cast. We wanted someone good looking but not in a really ‘pretty’ way.

Id argued for Rollins as Westley with Almas as Montoya but the missus said I was stereotyping & pushed for Finn as Westley haha The other option was Edge if we can count him.

Bayley came up for Buttercup but (as harsh as this sounds) neither of us think she is really all that pretty. She feels very plain Jane & so the prettiest princess tag wasn’t sitting well with either of us.

She wanted Broken Matt as the priest for the weddeing.

Vickie Guerrero or Steph would cameo as the old Booer in the town square ;)

 

Rollins for Westley was a terrible suggestion. You need some level of charm for that, and Rollins has none. Almas as Montoya was good catching stereotype or not.

I get the looks issue, but personality wise Becky is way the hell out there and wouldn't work at all for Butercup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Younger Jericho might be the best possible Westley, but not the middle age version. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eivion said:

 

In Other news: https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/11/08/meiko-satomura-tells-yahoo-japan-shell-be-back-in-wwe-in-2019/. Looks like we can expect Meiko to pop up somewhere for match or two next year.

I wonder if they’d ever consider sending some women to Sendai Girls the way they do men for some of the euro shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Younger Jericho might be the best possible Westley, but not the middle age version. 

 

If anything, middle age Jericho would make a good Humperdink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured Miz would play the giant rat things they kill in that one forest. Forgive me if they have a name, I only saw it once.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we accept that WWE fan groupthink is an actual collective opinion, and not a diverse and contradictory spectrum of opinions, it would appear that John Q WWEfan thinks that every wrestler who came from ROH is an underrated superworker who deserves a title push, every wrestler who came from TNA is only now getting the recognition they deserve, and everyone who started in the Performance centre is an overpushed Vince project who can't wrestle. And yet, going by the ratings and ticket sales, the overwhelming majority of WWE fans never watch other promotions. Even though they clearly consider the one they do watch to be the inferior product, they don't look for PopTV or Sinclair broadcasting channels, they just hatewatch RAW.

Does anyone actually do this? It's one thing to be a nine year old who loves Pepsi max or RC Cola and is disappointed that his Mum brings bottles of Coke from the Supermarket every week. But to be the 29 year old who goes to the supermarket themselves, walks down the Cola aisle, tells everyone how Pepsi max and RC are the better drinks, and then puts Coke in his trolley anyway? That's madness, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AxB said:

If we accept that WWE fan groupthink is an actual collective opinion, and not a diverse and contradictory spectrum of opinions, it would appear that John Q WWEfan thinks that every wrestler who came from ROH is an underrated superworker who deserves a title push, every wrestler who came from TNA is only now getting the recognition they deserve, and everyone who started in the Performance centre is an overpushed Vince project who can't wrestle. And yet, going by the ratings and ticket sales, the overwhelming majority of WWE fans never watch other promotions. Even though they clearly consider the one they do watch to be the inferior product, they don't look for PopTV or Sinclair broadcasting channels, they just hatewatch RAW.

Does anyone actually do this? It's one thing to be a nine year old who loves Pepsi max or RC Cola and is disappointed that his Mum brings bottles of Coke from the Supermarket every week. But to be the 29 year old who goes to the supermarket themselves, walks down the Cola aisle, tells everyone how Pepsi max and RC are the better drinks, and then puts Coke in his trolley anyway? That's madness, man.

Same folks who go on YouTube and STARDOM clips so they can then tweet @WWE during Evolution how Toni Storm is much better than every female on the card and how she should stay in Japan instead of signing with WWE because she can put on better matches there instead of eventually getting jobbed out to Nia Jax week in, week out on RAW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really  wish one fed in Japan would  ape NJPW 90's style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

You mean the ROUS's? They don't exist

I assume I should get this joke, but I don't. Something from the film I reckon.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Orndorff is one of the few guys Hogan didn't have a program with in the 80's that didn't get a program with Hogan in WCW. Hogan and One Man Gang main evented a Nitro. Nothing with Orndorff and Hogan. Not even a Clash. Hogan and Orndorff had one match against each other, a tag match at a Worldwide Taping also featuring Randy Savage and Paul Roma.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Paul Orndorff is one of the few guys Hogan didn't have a program with in the 80's that didn't get a program with Hogan in WCW. Hogan and One Man Gang main evented a Nitro. Nothing with Orndorff and Hogan. Not even a Clash. Hogan and Orndorff had one match against each other, a tag match at a Worldwide Taping also featuring Randy Savage and Paul Roma.

 

The magazines did an article about Hogan ducking Orndorff.  i don't know what the issue was if any. Hogan seemingly has affection for "Orndoff" and Orndorff respects Hogan. 

The only thing that makes sense is Orndorff had been on TV too much as tag and lower card wrestler. In addition to Gang (who Hogan squashed), he did a TBS match with Kamala where he let Kamala get most of the offense, .  Which was unusual because Hogan rarely sold for anyone in WCW in 94/95. Gang said Hogan changed in WCW. That he was really selfish and never asked permission. While in 87 he would thank guys for putting him over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't it the tail end of Pretty Wonderful (mega underrated team) and transitioning to an agent when Hogan rolled into WCW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orndorff was done by the end of 95, so the window was pretty small. 

ETA: He was also working a losing streak angle for a good chunk of the year. Wouldn't have made a lot of storyline sense to give him a main event shot at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injury Updates (all from the most recent WON radio show)

- The reason the WWE is being so cautious with Alexa Bliss (why she didn't wrestle at Evolution and won't wrestle at Survivor Series) is because she has had several concussions in a short period of time (Not just one lingering one that everyone assumed)

- This was previously mentioned in the indie thread - Joey Ryan most likely has a torn pec. He has full range of motion so he was hoping it might be something else but his regular doctor told him that based on the scarring it is most likely a torn pec (which I originally wrote as torn porn). He is visiting a specialist either today or tomorrow and will have to make a decision about surgery this week. (Meltzer said this was from talking to Ryan directly)

- Cody Rhodes heard a pop in his knee during his match on Saturday. He worked the whole match and hoped it wouldn't be too bad but when he woke up Sunday morning, it was worse. He has a MRI today (Monday). Yesterday's match against Trent Baretta was cancelled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...