DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

21 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Imagine all the terrible political takes we luckily missed out on during the Reagan years.

Nah, the Dems were a lot more sedate back then. It was 8 years of Clinton that got liberals gassed up into the sanctimonious self-congratulatory hive mind they are now...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

Nah, the Dems were a lot more sedate back then. It was 8 years of Clinton that got liberals gassed up into the sanctimonious self-congratulatory hive mind they are now...

See, can you imagine Brian Pillman posting shit like this on Twitter in 1991 (except, I guess, replace "Clinton" with "Kennedy and LBJ")? It would have killed nine-year-old Pillman-loving me. Thank God Pillman never had a Twitter account. 

As it is, I was able to enjoy Brian Pillman until well after he passed and I found out that he didn't much care for the blacks.

Twitter sucks, and it's 84% responsible for ruining pro wrestling in the modern era. 

• Like 2

Just now, Smelly McUgly said:

See, can you imagine Brian Pillman posting shit like this on Twitter in 1991 (except, I guess, replace "Clinton" with "Kennedy and LBJ")?

As it is, I was able to enjoy Brian Pillman until well after he passed and I found out that he didn't much care for the blacks.

Twitter sucks, and it's 84% responsible for ruining pro wrestling in the modern era. 

Twitter's 84% responsible for ruining A LOT of things in the modern era.  

• Like 4

Guys, even though everything is political, we can't directly talk politics here.  We should stop before we all get banned, even if Matt Dangerously is spitting truth. SPIT IT ELSEWHERE, OTHER MATT D. 

However, I will say that if you vote for me for POTUS or God Emperor of the Universe, I will ban Twitter forever. 

Also, I'll mandate that at least one main event star in a major wrestling company brings back the slingshot suplex as a viable finisher. 

VOTE FOR ME IN 2020! *throws up double Bret Hart bullhorns*

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

However, I will say that if you vote for me for POTUS or God Emperor of the Universe, I will ban Twitter forever. 

Also, I'll mandate that at least one main event star in a major wrestling company brings back the slingshot suplex as a viable finisher. 

I can get behind these policies.

• RIPPA unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Guys, even though everything is political, we can't directly talk politics here.  We should stop before we all get banned, even if Matt Dangerously is spitting truth. SPIT IT ELSEWHERE, OTHER MATT D. 

How long will the bread lines be in your glorious regime comrade?

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Double Bret Hart Bullhorns????

So visualize Bret Hart throwing up the bullhorn in the corner as a celebration.

It''s that, but with both hands. It'll be my signature go-to on the campaign trail after I'm done speechifying and some popular music that I didn't clear the rights to use starts playing as I interact with my adoring, fawning crowds.

Like Nixon's double-victory sign, but with some style courtesy of the G.O.A.T. (by way of everyone who has ever gone to UT-Austin). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So visualize Bret Hart throwing up the bullhorn in the corner as a celebration.

It''s that, but with both hands. It'll be my signature go-to on the campaign trail after I'm done speechifying and some popular music that I didn't clear the rights to use starts playing as I interact with my adoring, fawning crowds.

Like Nixon's double-victory sign, but with some style courtesy of the G.O.A.T. (by way of everyone who has ever gone to UT-Austin). 

Oh, you mean the JBL!

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Pro Wrestling was ruined 10 years before Twitter.

Also, Twitter is great depending on who you follow and who you ignore (recommend ignoring that dude who appeared on the Hulk Hogan Gawker Netflix documentary, Meltzer, the MMA Encyclopedia dude, etc).

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

MJF is awesome. He's like heel EC3, but even more obnoxious.

He's great in this video.

EC3 wishes he was MJF.

MJF in 2-3 is far better than a lot of guys who've been around longer.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Are we talking about Country or "Country" a/k/a whatever the fuck passes for pop music with a twangy noise in it in 2018.

It is a 2018 problem but it actually began when Glen Campbell released "Rhinestone Cowboy" and reached its nadir with the rise of Garth Brooks. With notable exceptions, it's been a shit show ever since.

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Or in other words, "it was my birthday and I got drunk and proceeded to be a drunk asshole on Twitter when I thought at the time that I was being funny."

Pretty sure I have done the same thing on here, so I'm willing to give him a pass.