DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

JBL being pathetic on Twitter makes me grateful that Twitter wasn't around when I was a kid. Macho Man getting on Twitter to drunkenly @ Elizabeth while writing in broken, drunken English about how he loved her, but also he hated her would have really killed his whole mystique and all. 

1992 Savage tweeting sadly at Elizabeth combined with 1992 Rick Rude tweeting excerpts from Psalms and chiding other wrestlers for using God's name as a curse on Twitter would have probably killed my love of wrestling in its relative cradle. 

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would just like to point out it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that Flo Rida = Florida

If it makes you feel better I’m in Florida and I’ve met at least a dozen people that said the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

This is a must watch match.

Seriously, WATCH THIS NOW if you haven't.

First of all, I agree. I've seen it before but had to go ahead and watch it again. Good old fashioned Texas mayhem. Thoughts: 

- The Birds had to be the first cool heels. (And go figure, Texas was the first place to get cool heels over) Speaking of which, where were Buddy and Hayes during this match? 

- Kerry would be my last option of ref for any match due to general inepsy but he didn't step on anything here

- Good lord that was a whole boatload of blood. Khan seemed to magically whack the back of his head, and at the same time his heart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

JBL being pathetic on Twitter makes me grateful that Twitter wasn't around when I was a kid. Macho Man getting on Twitter to drunkenly @ Elizabeth while writing in broken, drunken English about how he loved her, but also he hated her would have really killed his whole mystique and all. 

1992 Savage tweeting sadly at Elizabeth combined with 1992 Rick Rude tweeting excerpts from Psalms and chiding other wrestlers for using God's name as a curse on Twitter would have probably killed my love of wrestling in its relative cradle. 

I respect people like Timothy Thatcher who chooses to not do any social media (last I heard)  For all I know he could be an awesome dude but chooses to keep whatever mystique about him.  I know it seems impossible not to do social media anymore but I'd be happy if more wrestlers tried this approach.

And I would be crushed if Hogan or Macho tweeted out stupid shit when they were running wild.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I respect people like Timothy Thatcher who chooses to not do any social media (last I heard)  For all I know he could be an awesome dude but chooses to keep whatever mystique about him.  I know it seems impossible not to do social media anymore but I'd be happy if more wrestlers tried this approach.

And I would be crushed if Hogan or Macho tweeted out stupid shit when they were running wild.

Dean Ambrose and Juice Robinson are the smartest guys in the room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

As far as state sponsored musicians go, Flo Rida's OK but I much prefer Al Aska and Miss Issippi. South Dak Ota, not so much.

Country isn't my thing, except for Johnny Cash, who transcended genres. I hear a lot of people like that Ken Tucky guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

Dean Ambrose and Juice Robinson are the smartest guys in the room.

I thought Juice for sure would have one just so he could post art of him and other wacky things.  I'm pleasantly surprised by that.  And while Edwin's right that a lot of indy folks use it for bookings they could still stand to craft their social media in a way that helps their cause.  Whether it's limiting what they say or just having one that's in character the whole time there's ways to use it to their advantage.

While double checking on Juice's social media I found an article that is very awesome and it's something that JBL should take notice of:

"No, I don’t think it will hurt my career at all. I think social media’s silly. There’s a lot of guys on there, some of my friends, who just go on there, and the things they say, even our president, the things he says on there, it’s just something I don’t want be a part of… If you want to see me, come to the matches (and) see me curtain to curtain. You don’t need to know what I had for lunch. I could get drunk and say something that I shouldn't, hurt somebody’s feelings, open up a can of worms that I don’t want to. Some people just aren't meant to have it,"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

#OhYeah #UpperBodyBusiness

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Imagine all the terrible political takes we luckily missed out on during the Reagan years.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

...they could still stand to craft their social media in a way that helps their cause.  Whether it's limiting what they say or just having one that's in character the whole time there's ways to use it to their advantage.

MJF.

Even his appearance on the Stone Cold Podcast was in character and it was grear.