DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

From the new WON - here is the updated WWE schedule for the holidays

With Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day coming on Mondays and Tuesdays this year, they are taping television ahead of time both days. Given the holidays and the overall declining trend of the ratings, these shows are likely to do the lowest ratings in the history of Raw and the lowest ratings for Smackdown since it’s move to Tuesdays. You can also throw out those numbers as having any kind of significant meaning. The talent is off from 12/19 until returning to action with the holiday tour weekend shows in MSG and Chicago on 12/26. They are also off New Year’s and New Year’s Day. So the plans are to tape a live Raw on 12/17 in Sacramento, and then after, tape the 12/24 Raw. I would expect they’ll pretape a ton of stuff to try and keep that second Raw down to about two hours. On 12/18 in Fresno, they’ll be taping a live Smackdown and then taping the 12/25 Smackdown. That won’t be as bad, because they can probably get through the Smackdown show in 90 minutes or so. I’m not sure how they are going to do 205 Live or Main Event those weeks. For 12/31 Raw, that will be taped on 12/28 in Detroit and 1/1 Smackdown will be taped on 12/29 in Pittsburgh

This is my 1,000th post on the board (since the relaunch when we all re-registered) so I would like to say that I do know who Pitbull is. 

Been on this board semi-regularly for, shit, 19 years or so since I was 18 and starting college, I think, and stumbled upon the DVD Reviews. Thanks to all involved for keeping this place going. 

• Like 19

I'm very confused as to why JBL is on Twitter going after Cody Rhodes (and Dusty in a few tweets). He's already deleted a few of them, like "I'd kill Cody and Dusty couldn't save him" or something like that.

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm very confused as to why JBL is on Twitter going after Cody Rhodes (and Dusty in a few tweets). He's already deleted a few of them, like "I'd kill Cody and Dusty couldn't save him" or something like that.

JBL's a top twat.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

Sounds like he has been tweeting from the bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

What is the best match using the guest referee gimmick? I'm struggling to think of one off the top of my head that it actually helps. All I can think of is Dude Love-Steve Austin with Vince McMahon as guest referee.

It’s been quite some time since I watched it, but I always remember enjoying the main event to The SummerSlam ‘88. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Terry Gordy vs. Killer Kahn with Kerry Von Erich as ref

This is a must watch match.

Seriously, WATCH THIS NOW if you haven't.

7 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

What is the best match using the guest referee gimmick? I'm struggling to think of one off the top of my head that it actually helps. All I can think of is Dude Love-Steve Austin with Vince McMahon as guest referee.

Thats probably my pick as well. Vince vs Shane at X7 I thought was helped tremendously by Foley. Maybe Ali and WM1 and Tyson (kinda) at WM XIV just for historical purposes

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hagan said:

This is my 1,000th post on the board (since the relaunch when we all re-registered) so I would like to say that I do know who Pitbull is. 

Been on this board semi-regularly for, shit, 19 years or so since I was 18 and starting college, I think, and stumbled upon the DVD Reviews. Thanks to all involved for keeping this place going. 

Only 1,000 posts? You tourist. Of course we all know who Pitbull is. Mr. Worldwide Whichever Pitbull Is Still Alive! What?