DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Ha, didn't bother to look up the reasoning but it is annoying as far as a historical record and does come into play when evaluating WON HOF voting. Wikipedia's weird tinkering with a not broken system is  basically the Internet in a nutshell. 

Same feeling when they removed the list of wrestlers moves from all profiles.

I believe Cagematch lists Meltzer ratings on most wrestler profiles for matches rated 3 stars or above under "Matchguide" if that helps or you're looking for anything specific.

So basically someone needs to do a proper encyclopaedic Wrestlepedia, and then Wiki can shrink all the US based workers career profiles down to what the Japanese women's profiles look like.

I think it's his 20th anniversary of his WWE debut... as a non-jobber. Because Jeff & Matt were losing squashes as far back as, what, '94? And he was like 12 when he started on the trampoline IIRC. But 20 years of Hardy Boyz might measure up.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

I think it's his 20th anniversary of his WWE debut... as a non-jobber. Because Jeff & Matt were losing squashes as far back as, what, '94? And he was like 12 when he started on the trampoline IIRC. But 20 years of Hardy Boyz might measure up.

At least '94. Just watched a shoot with someone, probably Kevin Nash, where he talks about the Hardys working White Plains NY with fake IDs. They were all over those early Raw episodes.

I haven't watched SmackDown yet so I didn't see what that ended up being about, but the non-jobber debut doesn't quite line up either. After working mostly indy dates that year (Jeff worked one squash against Mark Henry in May 98, Matt not at all), The Hardys started picking up wins in WWE as early as September 98 against the likes of Too Much, early Kaientai, and the Oddities.

So I got an email from the WWE trying to get me to get tickets for the RAW House Show on campus in March (ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA~!)

The match advertised is Rollins/Ambrose in a lumberjack match for the IC title.

That is when I realized "Oh good Lord - this feud is going through Mania"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

This is super belated but Angle got a great match out of Matt Morgan. That takes some skill. He also had a good cage match with Ken Kennedy/Anderson. Those are some wicked carry jobs. 

Morgan is not a bad wrestler. I saw OVW matches better than the Angle match. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I got an email from the WWE trying to get me to get tickets for the RAW House Show on campus in March (ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA~!)

The match advertised is Rollins/Ambrose in a lumberjack match for the IC title.

That is when I realized "Oh good Lord - this feud is going through Mania"

The commercial here in the Houston area that ran for months for Raw on Dec. 3rd had mentioned the main event being The Shield vs. Braun/Drew/Dolph.

It was only changed last Monday night.

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Apropos of nothing, a hardcore song about the greatest person to ever come out of Texas (not named Terry Funk)

(Song about Stan Hansen)

Enjoyable tune, but if you are going to write a track about how great he was, wouldn't you worry about getting the facts right? The lyric about how he was the only American TC winner bugs me. Not only is it untrue, he wasn't even the first!

EDIT - I feel like this post is really embracing the nerdery that I allow my life to be about. I am now the guy that feels like he should correct some hardcore band about their research of the TC lineage.

• Like 1