DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

55 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I saw Nak/Rey listed as a match too so presumably MizTV will lead to that.

Yeah - the Arena had been advertising it

Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins defending against Dean Ambrose in a steel cage match, Nakamura defending the US title against Mysterio, Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka, SmackDown Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus defending against The New Day, Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre

23 hours ago, Victator said:

I liked this before I saw the sample post West Newbury shared. That is an incredibly messed up thing for a 21 year old to post in a public forum. I hope he has changed. 

Only question I have is how do people know that is his account and what got him banned from a shit hole like that?

A dumb meathead saying something stupid and offensive on a body-building forum? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/23/2018 at 7:19 PM, Pete said:

Didn't the infamous Shonie Carter punking the meathead bodybuilder come from there?

That was Muscle Mayhem, with Nuteboy as the meathead, and Paul Lazenby as the instigator of the whole situation I have no idea how and why that little factoid has stayed with me for so long.

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I actually kinda wasn't really a huge fan of Lars' shit outside of like some multi mans and whatever so as much as it sucks for him personally I'm kinda whatever about

I don't like his finisher. It doesn't look devestating enough. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That's an.... interesting group of choices

The working theory seems to be that the unaired matches are ones likely to be on the TLC card. Nak/Mysterio, Bar/New Day, Rollins/Ambrose (obviously)... I'm curious as to how they get to Charlotte/Asuka if this theory is true, but hey, whatever.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Time to dust off the nazi frozen in time gimmick, or update it and give Lars an AB, skinhead gimmick. He certainly looks the part.

The only explanation to me that nobody else laughs at this is that lots of folks here fear it might actually happen.

SUL-LI, Sullivan, SUL-LI-VAN! (There, I already wrote the lyrics to his New theme music).

Also, odds on him raping Michael Cole on TV? 

Legit the only place I have seen talking about the Lars Sullivan story is here.

Not even on Wrestling Twitter (which for me is a different world than reddit)

Maybe it flashed for a minute and everyone moved but I don't think so.

Not even Pro Wrestling Sheet has a story on it (at least nothing comes up on the site if you search Lars Sullivan) and this is the type of story that Satin lives for.

Anyway - considering many of you have him fired and never working again... you probably want to pump the brakes on that

• Like 1

Starrcade results - I will use spoiler tags just in case their is one person who was all I DON'T WANT THE NETWORK SPECIAL RUINED FOR ME!!!!

Spoiler

Sasha Banks, Bayley, Ember Moon & Dana Brooke defeated Nia Jax, Tamina, Alicia Fox & Mickie James (Sasha submitted Alicia)

Drew McIntyre defeated Finn Balor

The B-Team defeated The Revival (Axel pinned Dash)

Cesaro & Sheamus defeated The New Day (Tag Title Match

Bray Wyatt defeated Baron Corbin (Bray answered the open challenge due to Braun's injury)

Bray Wyatt defeated Baron Corbin in a no DQ match (Corbin ordered a restart as No DQ. Dolph and Drew came out to help. Finn and Elias made save.)

Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka

Rey Mysterio defeated United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura by DQ (Nak attacked Ray during Miz TV. Ray was wearing a neck brace to sell injuries)

Rey Mysterio & Rusev defeated United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & The Miz (Rusev had made save when Miz interfered above)

AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe in a steel cage match

Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose in a steel cage match (IC title - Rollins won via escape)

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Legit the only place I have seen talking about the Lars Sullivan story is here.

Not even on Wrestling Twitter (which for me is a different world than reddit)

Maybe it flashed for a minute and everyone moved but I don't think so.

Not even Pro Wrestling Sheet has a story on it (at least nothing comes up on the site if you search Lars Sullivan) and this is the type of story that Satin lives for.

Anyway - considering many of you have him fired and never working again... you probably want to pump the brakes on that

It's on my twitter feed. There's more to it also. He apparently called Jeff Hardy "a junkie with no wrestling ability"  With all of this out there he will probably end up being pushed to the moon.

8 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

The only explanation to me that nobody else laughs at this is that lots of folks here fear it might actually happen.

SUL-LI, Sullivan, SUL-LI-VAN! (There, I already wrote the lyrics to his New theme music).

Also, odds on him raping Michael Cole on TV? 

Cole has too much seniority now. Sullivan will rape the backstage interviewer, whatever his name is. Mike Rome, perhaps?

Sull-i-rape Sull-i-rape. Rolls right off the tongue.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Starrcade results - I will use spoiler tags just in case their is one person who was all I DON'T WANT THE NETWORK SPECIAL RUINED FOR ME!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Sasha Banks, Bayley, Ember Moon & Dana Brooke defeated Nia Jax, Tamina, Alicia Fox & Mickie James (Sasha submitted Alicia)

Drew McIntyre defeated Finn Balor

The B-Team defeated The Revival (Axel pinned Dash)

Cesaro & Sheamus defeated The New Day (Tag Title Match

Bray Wyatt defeated Baron Corbin (Bray answered the open challenge due to Braun's injury)

Bray Wyatt defeated Baron Corbin in a no DQ match (Corbin ordered a restart as No DQ. Dolph and Drew came out to help. Finn and Elias made save.)

Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka

Rey Mysterio defeated United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura by DQ (Nak attacked Ray during Miz TV. Ray was wearing a neck brace to sell injuries)

Rey Mysterio & Rusev defeated United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & The Miz (Rusev had made save when Miz interfered above)

AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe in a steel cage match

Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose in a steel cage match (IC title - Rollins won via escape)

Pass. Back to watching Tag League

I was on IMDB updating my movie collection stats, and some trailer was running for a movie I'll never be interested in watching, but has it ever been discussed how much Eric Bana looks like Shane McMahon? 

What do you think about his in ring ability? Is he overrated or is he underrated? Is he a great worker, a great seller, storyteller?

What do you consider about his great matches, like Angle vs Benoit, Angle vs Edge, Angle vs Joe, Angle vs Shawn Michaels, Angle vs Mysterio.....

Here, there are some of his best matches:

Thank you very much