DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Chicago will host Survivor Series 2019 (Specifically the Allstate Arena)

Date is Nov 24.

That will also be the first weekend with the new "Big 4 PPV" TV schedule

The Allstate Arena will host four straight nights of shows, but they will begin with the go-home episode of SmackDown on Friday, November 22. NXT TakeOver will take place at the venue on November 23 and Monday Night Raw will be held on November 25.

10 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

I think Enzo is trying to turn it into a work but HHH is having none of it.

Vince on the other hand.  Randy Orton is still around and Enzo did sell a lot of merchandise.

There's a pretty big, obvious difference between Enzo and Orton.

Just for the bigger picture concept I will mention this here.

Meltzer said that the NXT taping at this past San Jose weekend show is a test for then for how they are gonna do show house shows on the Network.

Starrcade will be the next one.

Basically they are gonna just edit the 3 house shows into one hour shows.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

No more toes talk, please and thanks.

What if they're consensual and/or detachable toes?

I went to high school with a guy that blew one of his thumbs off with an M80. He had one of his big toes attached in place of the missing thumb. He was nicknamed Stubbs after that. Stubbs died in a car accident after HS. I like to think he got him thumb back, like Chubbs in Happy Gilmore getting his hand back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Chicago will host Survivor Series 2019 (Specifically the Allstate Arena)

Date is Nov 24.

That will also be the first weekend with the new "Big 4 PPV" TV schedule

I like this.  SDL being a lead-in to the Big 4 PPVs works better than being two days removed from the PPV I would think?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer said that the NXT taping at this past San Jose weekend show is a test for then for how they are gonna do show house shows on the Network.

So it wasn't a standard TV taping like the Full Sail tapings and a test drive Live taping instead?

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Rousey over here on Twitter talking about dick measuring and peeing in the snow. We sure she doesn't have a concussion too?

Well Charlotte did accidentally catch her in the back of the head with one of the kendo shots.

36 minutes ago, Edwin said:

So it wasn't a standard TV taping like the Full Sail tapings and a test drive Live taping instead?

Correct - he was actually at the show and said you wouldn't know it was a taping otherwise they announced it ahead of time and the cameras.

He said there were no announcers there and it ran exactly like all the other house shows did.

It will still air as an NXT episode but it won't be your traditional hour of NXT

I still don't know why they don't follow a Prime Time Wrestling format or even just bring back Prime Time Wrestling. They have enough announcers to call this shit. Pick and choose enough matches to make up an hour of programming and run with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ronda's very special.

I wonder if WWE creative realizes that the way they're booking Ronda as a face is playing into the reasons why people really dislike her.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wonder if WWE creative realizes that the way they're booking Ronda as a face is playing into the reasons why people really dislike her.

Well I would hope they don't use any of her wacky truther opinion thinking it makes her "quirky".  You know how like legit crazy people are booked as "odd" or "peculiar" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't disagree but sadly you could put replace Ronda's name with almost any WWE babyface over the last 5-10 years. It's part of a larger problem that isn't necessarily Ronda-specific. 

One thing I keep seeing, even now months after her debut, is the idea that this Horsewomen feud/match is still coming, and so Ronda's title reign and subsequent booking don't matter because that's the endgame. Are people really clamoring for this still? Honest question, I'm not being a dick/troll

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I don't disagree but sadly you could put replace Ronda's name with almost any babyface over the last 5-10 years not named Dan Bryan. It's part of a larger problem that isn't necessarily Ronda-specific. 

One thing I keep seeing, even now months after her debut, is the idea that this Horsewomen feud/match is still coming, and so Ronda's title reign and subsequent booking don't matter because that's the endgame. Are people really clamoring for this still? Honest question, I'm not being a dick/troll

I don't know.  From the Ronda/Shayna vs Becky/Charlotte standpoint, it could be red hot.  Add in the other four, well, we haven't seen enough of Marina and Jess to make a decision, and it's up in the air if Sasha/Bayley think it's "good enough" for them to act like they give a shit for a change.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I don't disagree but sadly you could put replace Ronda's name with almost any WWE babyface over the last 5-10 years. It's part of a larger problem that isn't necessarily Ronda-specific. 

I don't disagree with you as well. It's what lead to a lot of the booing of Reigns because in combination with shoving him down people's throats, they also booked him as a terrible babyface. What they're doing with Becky and now apparently with Charlotte is what people want to see. Not everyone needs to be Steve Austin, but damn, people LOVE someone isn't going to take shit from anyone, who is going to throw down in a fight, who is going to beat the ever loving shit out of someone else, who is going to be charismatic and play or talk to the audience, etc. It was weird to watch that Charlotte vs Ronda angle because it was everything backwards with their booking and we saw the opposite of what I'm sure their intended result was where Charlotte was cheered and Ronda was booed. PEOPLE DON'T WANT FACES THAT LOOK WEAK. It's not hard to understand.

With regards to the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen thing, I don't even care anymore. I could get down with Shayna and Ronda vs Becky and Charlotte, but Marina and Jessamin are both developmental as fuck while Sasha and Bayley have been buried to near oblivion. I'm not even sure how you rehab Sasha and Bayley to get them back to anywhere close to where they were before.

Hell, at this rate, you could still do Ronda, Shayna, Jess, and Marina vs Becky, Charlotte and based on this past weekend, Sane and Kai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wait, Ronda's "millennial man" promo on RAW wasn't intended to turn her heel? Because insulting an entire generation of people with stereotypy abuse, especially when a big chunk of the audience is of that generation, that's not a babyface move. And she boasted about how she can't get hurt by Armbars immediately before getting hurt by an armbar. That's not a boastful heel getting a comeuppance?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

With regards to the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen thing, I don't even care anymore. I could get down with Shayna and Ronda vs Becky and Charlotte, but Marina and Jessamin are both developmental as fuck while Sasha and Bayley have been buried to near oblivion. I'm not even sure how you rehab Sasha and Bayley to get them back to anywhere close to where they were before.

Hell, at this rate, you could still do Ronda, Shayna, Jess, and Marina vs Becky, Charlotte and based on this past weekend, Sane and Kai.

To be fair, wither they lucked into it or not,  Becky went from the Phantom Zone to arguable hottest act in the company in around 4 months.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that in putting this match together, then can catch something that'll get the crowd hot for Sasha and Bayley again, at least enough for an Atomico's between the factions.  Now, will that be enough to return Sasha and Bayley to form and not throw shade on creative anymore or be pissy they're not the focus, that's another discussion.

• Like 2