DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ken's face looks like an old catcher's mitt.

You're just begging @Nice Guy Eddieto post a YouTube video of Jerry telling Kramer he looks like a catcher's mitt for binge smoking...

Edit: Never mind...

I'm not sure which is more disgusting, you guys yammering about your toenails, or talking about James Ellsworth sending nude selfies, neither is an image I want to contemplate while I'm having breakfast.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, AxB said:

David Starr, when he comes to the ring, this is what the ring announcer says:

"On the way to the ring, he is the cream in your coffee, your favourite Wrestler's favourite Wrestler, the Jewish Cannon, the physical embodiment of charisma, the most entertaining man in professional wrestling, the Bernie Sanders of professional wrestling, the best of the best, Mr Americanrana, Davey Wrestling, the 104 minute man, the Main Event, he's pretty good at twitter, the King of courts, the product, and the reigning and defending undisputed British Cruiserweight Champion, he is David Starr!".

Because if you're going to be excessive, you might as well be over-excessive.

This just seems fun to me. The most extravagant I ever got to be was Brian Kendrick coming up with fake hometowns and adding that Adam Pearce's heart came from Memphis.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Steve Corino used to have great, extravgrant ring entrances with first Bobby Cruise as his personal announcer, then the bald guy whose name I can't find after Cruise became ROH's ring announcer.

I was thinking this too!  The one he had with the 3 somes and the one against CM Punk were my 2 favorites!

55 minutes ago, cool arrow said:

That fucking Janela show sounded like a trainwreck going in, and somehow it ended up being even worse.

I am shocked that a death match between an actor having a midlife crisis and a glorified yard tard somehow went awry.

And Sabu is right, fuck JR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I was thinking this too!  The one he had with the 3 somes and the one against CM Punk were my 2 favorites!

The one mentioning Punk was Enter the Dragon. The three-way's was the 2005 Trio Tournament.

I liked his intro at Final Battle 2004 as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

For the record, I didn't post the Sabu tweet to offer an opinion on JR. Just showing what kind of person Sabu continues to insist on being. 

I have grown to know Sabu personally the last few years. He is a good guy when you get to know him. He is also by his own admission near illiterate. He has suffered a lot personally and professionally, The injuries have finally caught up to him physically and I think mentally. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, elizium said:

Outside of Goldberg or Magnum TA, is Jimmy Valiant the most unstoppable tv wrestler ever? From like 1980-1986, pretty much every television match he has follows the same formula: high stepping dance, clap clap clap, whip into ropes, back body drop, clap clap clap, body slam, clap clap clap "heyyyyyy babbbbaaaay", clap clap clap, whip to ropes, back elbow, weird looping elbow drop, 1-2-3, clap clap clap, high stepping dance, exeunt.

If kayfabe was real, Jimmy Valiant should have gotten every title shot ever. He was trucking guys at a time when jobbers usually got quite a bit of offense in.

I saw him live for a leg of the '88 Great American Bash, and I can vouch that, after dodging a corner shoulder block from Teijo Khan, he proceeded to "air hump" Khan from behind.

• Like 2

I have no idea how you guys can watch handheld matches. I can never get into them and sometimes struggle to into shows without commentary.

Not strictly based on his performance today, but Johnny Gargano has got to be a top 10 candidate for wrestler of the year along with Matt Riddle and WALTER.

Edit: Just saw someone on social media say Shannon Moore is a "WWE legend."