DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

37 minutes ago, elizium said:

I'm not sure that's the kind of thing you can just say and then move on without explaining.

I would if I could but I honestly have no explanation

Anyone see this story about James Ellsworth allegedly sending nudes to a 16 year old girl? Link has semi-NSFW pictures of gross pubes but no dong that I saw:

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/james-ellsworth-responds-to-allegations-that-he-sent-nude-photos-to-a-16-year-old-girl/

I've just been trying to win them on the radio. Sure, it would be great to go to a WM but I can't pay those kinds of prices. Especially with the fact that it was our anniversary yesterday, Christmas is coming up, and then that's followed by Valentine's day and Iron Maiden and Ozzy both touring this summer. 

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

There is no Universal in Jersey.

We've got Great Adventure, but MetLife and Great Adventure are about an hour and a half apart.

That's one of those you know you're from Jersey when you call it Great Adventure, not Six Flags.

I have no desire to go to a WM since the move to big stadiums every year. I'll probably do a Takeover at some point, not WM because I'm going to the G1. I don't even really like to do arena shows. I prefer small venues, like the Hammerstein, Asbury Park Convention Center, Stone Pony, Starland Ballroom, etc.

11 hours ago, nate said:

If this becomes the next thing we run with for three to four pages, I don't think I'd object too much.

Well based on what has happened with James Ellsworth, that is not going to happen 

The good news for him that there is always Florida ?

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Anyone see this story about James Ellsworth allegedly sending nudes to a 16 year old girl? Link has semi-NSFW pictures of gross pubes but no dong that I saw:

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/james-ellsworth-responds-to-allegations-that-he-sent-nude-photos-to-a-16-year-old-girl/

Chindecent exposure. I'll show myself out.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My initial reaction was; Yeah, I could see that. What a fucking scumbag. The guy has two daughters, what the fuck is he doing sending nudes to an underage girl?

David Starr, when he comes to the ring, this is what the ring announcer says:

"On the way to the ring, he is the cream in your coffee, your favourite Wrestler's favourite Wrestler, the Jewish Cannon, the physical embodiment of charisma, the most entertaining man in professional wrestling, the Bernie Sanders of professional wrestling, the best of the best, Mr Americanrana, Davey Wrestling, the 104 minute man, the Main Event, he's pretty good at twitter, the King of courts, the product, and the reigning and defending undisputed British Cruiserweight Champion, he is David Starr!".

Because if you're going to be excessive, you might as well be over-excessive.

• Like 3

Outside of Goldberg or Magnum TA, is Jimmy Valiant the most unstoppable tv wrestler ever? From like 1980-1986, pretty much every television match he has follows the same formula: high stepping dance, clap clap clap, whip into ropes, back body drop, clap clap clap, body slam, clap clap clap "heyyyyyy babbbbaaaay", clap clap clap, whip to ropes, back elbow, weird looping elbow drop, 1-2-3, clap clap clap, high stepping dance, exeunt.

If kayfabe was real, Jimmy Valiant should have gotten every title shot ever. He was trucking guys at a time when jobbers usually got quite a bit of offense in.

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Outside of Goldberg or Magnum TA, is Jimmy Valiant the most unstoppable tv wrestler ever? From like 1980-1986, pretty much every television match he has follows the same formula: high stepping dance, clap clap clap, whip into ropes, back body drop, clap clap clap, body slam, clap clap clap "heyyyyyy babbbbaaaay", clap clap clap, whip to ropes, back elbow, weird looping elbow drop, 1-2-3, clap clap clap, high stepping dance, exeunt.

If kayfabe was real, Jimmy Valiant should have gotten every title shot ever. He was trucking guys at a time when jobbers usually got quite a bit of offense in.

Mid South era JYD?

7 hours ago, nate said:

Nah, we're on toenails, vis a vis the sloughing off thereof. 

Sunday I was putting on my socks and I notice the toe next to my big toe. It looks like there is a peanut growing on it. Upon closer inspection, the toe nail had grown back really thick. So thick, the nail clips could not get around it. I have had to cut around the edges and whittle it down. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

This girl has followed me on twitter. She actually DM'd me about it. It is true. What many do not know is that she has a rocky relationship with her parents and that is why she didn't go to them instead of telling the world via twitter.  I am sure her parents know about it now though and it will be interesting to see if anyone still books Ellsworth after this mess.