DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

12 minutes ago, nate said:

Jesus Harold Christ, he looks like an infected fucking thumb!

Come to think of it, he kind of resembles what my big toes looked like when I had ingrown nails and they would get infected after trying the home removal method.

I've had ingrown nails removed on both sides of my right big toe and one side of my left big toe, and it's the best feeling once the piece of nail is removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, nate said:

My god, I can't imagine.  That's straight-up "thoughts and prayers" territory.

Thanks, but it's not that bad. The worst part is the shot of novocaine into your toe. It's great when the podiatrist is digging in your toe and pulls that nail out. In my experience with them, they've never grown back.

I wish I was able to watch my tailor's bunion surgery, but my podiatrist had my leg at an angle where I couldn't see it, so I just heard the circular saw cutting my bone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least, "consensual penis" makes me think of the King Missile song "Detachable Penis".

How dare you. "Detachable Penis" is a masterpiece, and does not deserve to be associated with that war crime of a music video that electrified ferret* put out.

*credit William Regal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

How dare you. "Detachable Penis" is a masterpiece, and does not deserve to be associated with that war crime of a music video that electrified ferret* put out.

*credit William Regal

Detachable Penis is a masterpiece. It is nice, however to see the term consensual penis, and be able to scrub it from your memory with Detachable Penis.

6 hours ago, OSJ said:

What a maroon, what a maroon! 

A computer program running simulations of the possible headlines that might someday be written about Enzo would have come up with this exact headline in under sixty seconds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

A computer program running simulations of the possible headlines that might someday be written about Enzo would have come up with this exact headline in under sixty seconds.

Just ran the program, I got- 

BREAKING: Former WWE star Enzo  Amore ejected from ____________ for _________________  while _____________________! 

1) Yankees Game

2) Mining Bitcoin

3) Doing shots with Ronnie from Jersey Shore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Just ran the program, I got- 

BREAKING: Former WWE star Enzo  Amore ejected from ____________ for _________________  while _____________________! 

1) Yankees Game

2) Mining Bitcoin

3) Doing shots with Ronnie from Jersey Shore.

If this becomes the next thing we run with for three to four pages, I don't think I'd object too much.

This is WWE math so I don't know how close to the real number it is.

But per the video

• 1) Randy Orton (15)
  • 2) Big Show (13) - Also apparently the only person who has eliminated 3 guys in one match twice.  
  • 3) Shawn Michaels (12)
  • 4) Rey Mysterio Jr (8)
  • T5) Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Rock (7)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This is WWE math so I don't know how close to the real number it is.

But per the video

• 1) Randy Orton (15)
  • 2) Big Show (13) - Also apparently the only person who has eliminated 3 guys in one match twice.  
  • 3) Shawn Michaels (12)
  • 4) Rey Mysterio Jr (8)
  • T5) Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Rock (7)

Show should probably get points for winning an entire match alone. The Rock having so many eliminations is surprising, until I remembered he was in as many Survivor tags as Warrior and Hogan. 

17 hours ago, Log said:

No offense to anyone who vapes, but Enzo is what I picture when I think of the type of person who vapes. 

I was planning on getting one to help quit smoking. I may just keep smoking.

13 hours ago, nate said:

My god, I can't imagine.  That's straight-up "thoughts and prayers" territory.

My right baby toenail falls off with the changing of the seasons and it sucks, I can't even imagine big toe

Moving back to wrestling: 

I'm actually kind of thankful the Becky/Ronda match isn't happening right away. Not that I personally agree at all with it, but I feel like the average WWE fan would reject any finish other than a clean Becky win, and end up putting that shitty Cena/Roman/Charlotte "chosen one" heat on poor Ronda.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Come to think of it, he kind of resembles what my big toes looked like when I had ingrown nails and they would get infected after trying the home removal method.

I've had ingrown nails removed on both sides of my right big toe and one side of my left big toe, and it's the best feeling once the piece of nail is removed.

I had ingrowing toenails on both big toes, hurts bad as does the local anaesthetic. Got to the point the nail bed on both of them were surgically removed to stop the bastards returning.

• Like 1

To be fair - that is for the "Platinum" Ticket which gets you all 4 shows (Mania, Takeover, RAW, SDL), the Hall of Fame ceremony, Axxess

It also includes hotel accommodations, a ticket to Universal and bus ticket (that is my favorite part)

So it's not just Mania

As per usual the almost $900 service fee for one ticket is what makes me giggle

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - that is for the "Platinum" Ticket which gets you all 4 shows (Mania, Takeover, RAW, SDL), the Hall of Fame ceremony, Axxess

It also includes hotel accommodations, a ticket to Universal and bus ticket (that is my favorite part)

So it's not just Mania

Actually - that's just for Mania - there's option to add the tickets for the other shows.

Right now on Ticketmaster. 

wPYpOLO.jpg

WrestleMania ticket prices are ridiculous. I went to WM 33 and told my wife I'd probably never go again as the show is extremely long and the novelty of it rubbed off me and I could get front row tickets to independent events which interest me more for much less all together.

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My right baby toenail falls off with the changing of the seasons and it sucks, I can't even imagine big toe

I'm not sure that's the kind of thing you can just say and then move on without explaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So it's not just Mania

There is no Universal in Jersey.

Interestingly enough, American Dream is scheduled to open in time for Mania.

20 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

But Mania is in New Jersey, is it not? You get a ticket to a theme park in Florida or California?

I honestly just assumed that was something the WWE would do and didn’t give a second

The rest of it - I am idiot.

Well except thinking a $900 service fee is stupid