DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

That's because it is Nick Frost.

5 hours ago, Execproducer said:

I feel like it was clearly implied that he figured that out.

Yeah, I was confused for a sec since I expected it to be a documentary.  But it took all of 15 secs to realize it's a docu-drama.

paige-wrestling-family.jpg

The poster for the original documentary. The Knight family. And here's a closeup headshot of her Dad:

Spoiler

4e93623fb1rickyknight.jpg

His face is NSFAnywhere.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The poster for the original documentary. The Knight family. And here's a closeup headshot of her Dad:

Reveal hidden contents

4e93623fb1rickyknight.jpg

His face is NSFAnywhere.

That's a face only Paige's mother could love.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

Um, no?  She fucks up the Survivor Series main event and probably fucked up the potential WM main event and SHE'S wanting sympathy?  If anything, I wish her fist looked even worse so that maybe it would encourage her to learn how to make it look like she's hurting someone without, you know, actually hurting someone to the point that thanks to her incompetence, they just lost out on a big payday this weekend.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Um, no?  She fucks up the Survivor Series main event and probably fucked up the potential WM main event and SHE'S wanting sympathy?  If anything, I wish her fist looked even worse so that maybe it would encourage her to learn how to make it look like she's hurting someone without, you know, actually hurting someone to the point that thanks to her incompetence, they just lost out on a big payday this weekend. 

You do grasp she was doing in that in character, right? Becky even gave a response. You also do grasp that the match was happening way too early and is now getting an even bigger format in WM, right?

• Like 2

I grasp it. I don't think anything I said was wrong though, character or real-life.  Yay for her Twitter?  

I'm on the fence with agreeing with you on WM, but they are so dead-set in their ways...I feel like Charlotte beats her just so Rousey gets the payback she never got in UFC at WM.  I don't want Charlotte/Rousey now, much less another five build for the rematch.  Or did you mean Ronda/Becky?  Because you do grasp if there is ever a WM female main event, it's gonna have Charlotte in it.  Asuka jobbing to her like a nobody last night on a nothing FB show that was seen by as many people as Nia's Twitter feed all but confirmed that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I grasp it. I don't think anything I said was wrong though, character or real-life.  Yay for her Twitter?  

I'm on the fence with agreeing with you on WM, but they are so dead-set in their ways...I feel like Charlotte beats her just so Rousey gets the payback she never got in UFC at WM.  I don't want Charlotte/Rousey now, much less another five build for the rematch.  Or did you mean Ronda/Becky?  Because you do grasp if there is ever a WM female main event, it's gonna have Charlotte in it.  Asuka jobbing to her like a nobody last night on a nothing FB show that was seen by as many people as Nia's Twitter feed all but confirmed that.

Your comment was wrong in terms of complaining about her asking for sympathy when its clear she wasn't at all serious.

Right now all of the reports/rumors have said they are changing the match to Ronda/Becky.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

ExhaustedWindingDassie.gif

tumblr_nxuesnG1eQ1qe7nyho1_540.jpg

That Street Fighter gif is great. All it's missing is the Olé left hand miss from Ronda:

9DaaS4i.gif

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of hers. She went from being as likable as Bobby Eaton in Strikeforce to as miserable as Austin Aries in the UFC.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I liked Ronda Rousey in Strikeforce, less so as she went on in UFC and for the awful things she's said. Seeing what Holly Holm did to Rousey remains memorable.

Same. She alienated most fans with her attitude.

Becky's the best:

God bless her!

If I go to the RAW January tapings, I'm taking a "Ronda's Purple Pillow" banner.

Remember when Ronda coached TUF one season? She complained when it aired that it had been edited to make Meisha Tate look super nice and sympathetic, while Ronda was edited to look humourless, arrogant and unable to take criticism without becoming instantly furious.

Yes, Editing. That's what lead to things seeming like that.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

Remember when Ronda coached TUF one season? She complained when it aired that it had been edited to make Meisha Tate look super nice and sympathetic, while Ronda was edited to look humourless, arrogant and unable to take criticism without becoming instantly furious.

Yes, Editing. That's what lead to things seeming like that.

She complained about it and then continued being humourless, arrogant and was unable to take criticism without becoming instantly furious post TUF in every interview she was involved in.

So no, it wasn't just the TUF editing.

Noticed this little nugget from the latest back issue of the Observer (Oct 29, 2001) - in their seven year ago section which would have put this story in 1994

UFC contacted Eric Bischoff about using Meng, but Meng didn't want to do it. Eric Bischoff negotiated with them about using former amateur champ Craig Pittman as a WCW representative, but no deal was ever put together

• Thanks 1

They ended up using Dan Severn instead. Which worked out pretty well for him, all things considered. He was a lower midcard guy with UWF-I before that.

7 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

I come from near Norwich, England. He's one of the better looking specimens. 

A specimen of what, exactly?