DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Could say the same about Brian Kendrick or Paul London. I think all of those guys had a hand in changing the landscape in what has become the modern WWE. Without that initial spark from that crop of guys Punk & Bryan could never have changed the business in the way that they did, especially at the top of the card. Punk was lucky in a sense that he had Heyman chewing agents ears off and going to bat for him against the majority that thought he would never amount to shit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Didn't Book kick Batista's ass? The Booker man isn't to be fucked with it seems.  

Not exactly. When Booker was drafted from Raw to Smackdown with RVD, he turned heel immediately by complaining it was like being sent to the minor leagues. A Year later Batista was drafted to Smackdown and started saying the exact same thing, only back stage and for reals. Booker took exception to that and it got physical, only Batista was trying to do Muay Thai knees from the clinch, but he had ahold of Booker's dreads and was hitting him on the elbows, not the face. Then it was broken up and nothing else happened since, except Dave fought in MMA since and Book never has.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Mike Jackson just started shopping where I work. I wonder how many times he has to come in before it's appropriate for me to ask him how it felt to kick CM Punk's ass?

I can't be the only one who thought you were talking about the Alabama Jr. Heavyweight champion at first, right?

• Like 15

7 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Punk was an all-time great at cutting promos and was absolutely a pioneer for the indy guys in WWE - that said, his ring work has never been as good as it has been made out to be. Overrated is definitely the word for it.

This guy? Overrated?

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Mike Jackson just started shopping where I work. I wonder how many times he has to come in before it's appropriate for me to ask him how it felt to kick CM Punk's ass?

Ask him how it felt to know he could have kicked CM Punk's ass, if he only could have been bothered to exchange or actually make an effort. Ask him what it's like to have Dana White describe you as a fucking idiot, and fire you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Ask him how it felt to know he could have kicked CM Punk's ass, if he only could have been bothered to exchange or actually make an effort. Ask him what it's like to have Dana White describe you as a fucking idiot, and fire you.

That would be a really stupid thing to ask someone who beats people up professionally. 

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

That would be a really stupid thing to ask someone who beats people up professionally. 

It would be really stupid for someone who beats people up professionally to beat up a fan for asking him a question, admittedly a question that is baiting him.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

He doesn't do it professionally any more. He got fired.

• Haha 1

I've been looking for the video of CM Punk being an unathletic dork in the Liger workouts from his Shoot. It amused me greatly. The morons commenting on how he's "working" being shitty at it amuse me. "He was the head trainer at the ROH school!" Yes, and they were all horrible and fell out of the business.

There was a WWE tryout in Germany recently. Apparently they had a match between Axel Dieter Jr. and Fabian Aichner.

Ilja Dragunov, Jurn Simmons and Emil Sitoci from wXw were participated.

16 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I can't be the only one who thought you were talking about the Alabama Jr. Heavyweight champion at first, right?

HA! My first thought was "Ask him if he still has the belt!" Then the Punk stuff registered.