DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 10/30/2018 - Jewel of Denial

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shinsuke Nakamura, former multi-time IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Champion, having competitive matches against a comedy worker whos current gimmick is dancing in-ring sure is something. 

I mean we are at the point that I'd be more excited for a R-Truth match then Nakamura match, sooooo.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Not his wife leaving him.... nor one of his children suffering a debilitating injury.... no, the worst personal fear of Shane McMahon is his sister getting to call a Raw superstar the BEST IN THE WORLD~! 

• Haha 2

Shane O makes these shows that much more exciting. Bryan/Styles was very good, glad we ended up getting the match at least and it got the time it would've got Friday. Surprised to see Bryan tap clean. They've done a great job really putting AJ over as the best so he should go over Braun at Survivor Series no doubt, as much as I'd rather see Styles/Brock II a year later. Styles/Joe IV should be good and interesting to see what they go with as a finish this time around, they had a pretty definitive blowoff so I almost wonder if they'll just have Joe lose again. Thinking right now that Orton wins the World Cup and those 4 guys end up with Shane as Team SDL at Survivor Series since I don't really see any of them leaving SDL right now.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shinsuke Nakamura, former multi-time IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Champion, having competitive matches against a comedy worker whos current gimmick is dancing in-ring sure is something. 

What do you expect when the head booker of SD is the fucking Road Dogg?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peck said:

Not his wife leaving him.... nor one of his children suffering a debilitating injury.... no, the worst personal fear of Shane McMahon is his sister getting to call a Raw superstar the BEST IN THE WORLD~! 

The McMahon's have very fucked up priorities.

As ridiculous as Nakamura/Truth having such a competitive match was I thought the match itself was fun. Honestly, Truth has been a lot more enjoyable in the ring this recent run.

Becky's promo was nice, and I kind of like Charlotte doubting herself after the loss to Becky.

New Day coming out as the Brood was great, and the street fight with the Bar was fun.

AJ/Bryan was fantastic and I'm so happy we got it here instead of at CJ. Even if all the current shit hadn't happened there is no way we would have gotten such a hot crowd in Saudi Arabia.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The McMahon's have very fucked up priorities.

This is part of being a McMahon character wise. They can only be so human for so long before weird ass pride triumphs.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why has Shane apparently taken Paige's place on the show? Did I miss something? Is it just "I feel like being on the show so I'm taking your spot, you can stay in the back for side duty"?

Shane just magically appears and disappears. Bray Wyatt has switched vessels from Husky Harris to Shane McMahon. 

I find Shane far more enjoyable in the role than Paige, but I always liked it most when it was Shane/Bryan and both were on the show taking care of different things so maybe they'll go back to that with Shane/Paige. I think Shane initially stepped away to let Paige get established in the role. I love the often massive pops Shane O gets. "Here Comes the Money" is the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

What I saw was a match between a multiple time IWGP Champion and a multiple time NWA World's Heavyweight Champion.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Okay, credit where it's due, and I really don't have anything against Ron. It's just that WWE putting Nakamura up against the guy who is their current Santino shows exactly where their priorities lie. 

And you're totally right about Bryan btw. Soon as he went after the arm I was feeling it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Shane O makes these shows that much more exciting. Bryan/Styles was very good, glad we ended up getting the match at least and it got the time it would've got Friday. Surprised to see Bryan tap clean. They've done a great job really putting AJ over as the best so he should go over Braun at Survivor Series no doubt, as much as I'd rather see Styles/Brock II a year later. Styles/Joe IV should be good and interesting to see what they go with as a finish this time around, they had a pretty definitive blowoff so I almost wonder if they'll just have Joe lose again. Thinking right now that Orton wins the World Cup and those 4 guys end up with Shane as Team SDL at Survivor Series since I don't really see any of them leaving SDL right now.

Yeah good call. Can see the World Cup brackets being the Survivor Series teams (add Corbin and Shane respectively?)

Would they have AJ drop the title to Joe so they can run Joe/Braun instead, or are they that hellbent on erasing Punk?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Yeah good call. Can see the World Cup brackets being the Survivor Series teams (add Corbin and Shane respectively?)

Would they have AJ drop the title to Joe so they can run Joe/Braun instead, or are they that hellbent on erasing Punk?

I don't think anyone is trying to erase Punk, because Punk doesn't hold any real records. It's only Bruno for the WWE title.

• Like 1

Punk was featured on Raw 25, albeit not for long. Vince still follows him on twitter, whether Vince actually mans the account is another topic. Details matter, if they were hell-bent on deleting Punk's existence then it wouldn't be difficult to do so. WWE treat the WWE title like a secondary belt compared to the Raw belt anyway. I don't think there's much truth to the rumor that AJ has been given such a long reign just to spite a former employee. AJ was pivoted into carrying the blue brand as soon as Cena became a part-timer. It could be argued Joe had a very hot summer and deserved his turn, but that's neither here nor there now. 

Personally I like long title reigns.

• Like 2