DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

I'd like to express how happy I am that the Vikings gave Danielle Hunter a long-term contract this offseason before he could hit the open market. The Vikings might have had to offer Paisley Park if they had waited any longer.

Chargers will for sure be looking for a new kicker the Broncos maybe might be as well. 

Seahawks got a gift flag for an untimed down Wilson makes a play but David Moore drops the TD at the gun. Derwin James did get a piece of the ball to make the catch harder but it still hit him in the hands. 

Rooting against the Patriots must be like Rooting against 80's era WWF Hogan. No matter how much you want something different, no matter how many times everyone starts saying "Maybe this is finally the time where he goes down for good".. there's that creeping suspicion that there's going to be.. something, and from there you can predict how it all ends. In WWF, it's Hogan-Shake, points finger punches, slam then big leg drop. In the NFL, it's (opposing team commits one last mistake), TD, TD, and all of a sudden the game is over, and you think "Damn, I just got worked AGAIN!"

How much longer can it last? I thought in this analogy, last year's superbowl was the Warrior-Hogan passing of the torch, but here we go again!

Nathan Peterman had one of his best NFL game Sunday. For the first time in his nine career games, he managed to throw for more than 100 yards! Sure, he threw no touchdowns and three interceptions, but it took him 49 attempts to throw those picks — actually lowering his career interception percentage from 11.1 to 9.2. (I cannot believe that fact. Nathan Peterman threw three interceptions in a game and significantlylowered his career interception rating.)

-The Ringer

• Haha 3

Via NFL push, Bruce Arians said of coaching again:  "Cleveland is the only job I'd consider",  but it was in the context of pushing Chuck Pagano for that job.  

Also, there's a bit of chatter now that John Harbaugh's job is in trouble.   I'd like to take this moment to tell Mr. Harbaugh, that the current temperature in Miami is 85F on a beautiful partly cloudy day.