DVDVR Message Board

October in Football

Fat Spanish Waiter

Take with a huge grain of salt, but there's reports that MLS are seriously looking at moving to a European Schedule (August-May with a six-eight week winterbreak) for 2014. http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/14/report-mls-will-adopt-european-schedule-in-2014-would-august-may-work/

Just don't see how that works when you've got teams in NY, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Philly, SLC, etc.

I heard the MLS would have an eight week winter break, so you sit out December and January, then play daytime only matches in the colder climates in February and March. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver can all play indoors during the colder months as well.

I recall the Helmer ghost goal in 1994 in a 2:1 win for Bayern München against Nuremberg. Apparently there have been others aswell in the past which I didn´t see. Back when Helmer scored a "ghost/phantom goal", there was a replay of the match Bayern vs Nuremberg which Bayern won 5 goals to nil, essentially sending the club to the second division.Hoffenheim appeals for a replay of the match, understandably, although Leverkusen has a point claiming that it was faulty equipment to blame. Don´t know what it means, but a replay is quite likely.

Maybe top 4, but that is far from a guarantee. City and Chelsea have too much quality and depth to not finish top 4, Arsenal looks in good shape to stay in top 4 barring injury (though their lack of depth could lead to an April-May slip), and you have Liverpool and Tottenham also in the argument. I figure they finish top six, but I cannot rule out Everton or Southampton possibly trumping them at this rate (and Everton can thank Chelsea for the gift of Lukaku to ensure them a top 6-8 finish).

So it's come down to this: The biggest regular season game in Metro history vs. Chicago next Sunday, and it's at home. We win, we get Supporters Shield (our first ever real trophy) and the road to MLS Cup goes through Harrison. Tim Cahill is a legend at this point, and it would be so great to get that 1st trophy with Petkie as coach. Tickets in the supporters end are going for $200 on StubHub, but I wouldn't sell mine for all the money in the world. If we win, there will be an epic party. If we don't, this will be the new most soul crushing moment in team history. COME ON METRO!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Watching the Eredivisie on Gol, I love that Go Ahead Eagles are back in the top flight and can't wait for an MLS club to sign their manager, FOEKE BOOY. This has to happen.

• Like 1

I'm not abandoning ship or anything...

But I'm thinking on starting the death clock on Moyes.  I feel bad for him though, he was fucked either way in this job.

EDIT: I find it incredibily strange that Rooney never felt like showing up last season, and this year he's damn near willing the team to stay in the hunt.

EDIT EDIT: CHICHARITO THE SUPER-SUB!!!!