DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Soulless Lunatic - 10/29/2018

Dolfan in NYC

You know what?  For what was supposed to be a big emotional speech, Seth really just comes across as a whiner.  

And like everything he was saying just was reaffirming all the bad things Dean thought about him.   

#TeamDean

• Like 1

Enjoyed the segments with Lashley & Lio.

The 10-women tag was fun. As was Nia/Ember while it lasted.

AOP destroying Gable/Roode and Ascension was fun.

Revival jobbing to Lucha House Party made me sad.

I kind of enjoyed the Seth/Dean segment.

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

No idea why it irked me, as it probably shouldn't, but The Revival jobbing to LHP bummed me out. 

That and the constant pimping of Roman's leukemia.

Because it confirmed The Revival are Ascension 2.0?  

I didn't watch RAW, but if WWE was turning Roman's tragic situation into positive buzz for how much they as a company care, they really can go fuck themselves.  They care about how much they can profit from the misery of their own talent.  Excuse me...independent contractors.

7 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I didn't watch RAW, but if WWE was turning Roman's tragic situation into positive buzz for how much they as a company care, they really can go fuck themselves.  They care about how much they can profit from the misery of their own talent.  Excuse me...independent contractors.

If? I thought that was apparent by how many times it’s been replayed in a week.

• Like 1

When they opened the show with Roman's announcement, I audibly groaned. It was just so gross.

By the, what, 4th or 5th time someone brought it up, I just wanted to turn the show off. I didn't because I'm dumb, but that's what I wanted to do. Leave it to WWE to do something like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I almost wish Roman hadn't done the speech last week, just turned in the belt and announced it on twitter or something. You'd know these bastards would do this.

Man does Shawn move slow. It's what you would expect, but still. That match is going to be painful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

How does WWE follow up one of their best events of the year...throwing almost all of the women in a tag match and setting up Nia vs. Tamina. What an Evolution

One step forward...two steps back

That seems about right for WWE.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, brandonr4s said:

I almost wish Roman hadn't done the speech last week, just turned in the belt and announced it on twitter or something. You'd know these bastards would do this.

The man at the top is morally bankrupt white trash, so it was a given.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

How does WWE follow up one of their best events of the year...throwing almost all of the women in a tag match and setting up Nia vs. Tamina. What an Evolution

So they give most of the Raw women a big tag match, set up a feud, and announced a big champion vs champion match for the next ppv. Outside of announcing a new show for women or tag titles how what could/should they have done?

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

until the Royal Rumble

RAW and Smackdown don't go head-to-head in the Royal Rumble. It's every man (and woman) for themselves. And then the winner picks which brand's champion they want to face. We go through this same dumb argument every year.

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

RAW and Smackdown don't go head-to-head in the Royal Rumble. It's every man (and woman) for themselves. And then the winner picks which brand's champion they want to face. We go through this same dumb argument every year.

Every man and woman from both brands for themselves, so there is always going to be Raw and Smackdown interaction in the rumble matches.

I don't know what it is with the WWE, but they manage to get some hate on someone one week and by the next it's all gone because the person who got attacked is way more unlikeable and you totally sympathize with the bad guy. Seth really is whiny and it just doesn't help him.

Also I can't believe they're gonna blow Ronda vs. Becky on this dumb Raw vs. Smackdown thing. That was a Wrestlemania match right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Every man and woman from both brands for themselves, so there is always going to be Raw and Smackdown interaction in the rumble matches.

Which is different from something like Survivor Series where it's "brand versus brand". You don't see Smackdown aligned wrestlers trying to eliminate wrestlers from the same brand at Survivor Series - but you do at the Rumble. It's just not the same, because the winner of the RR can leave their current brand and challenge for the other's top title. The winner(s) of a Survivor Series match can't do that. You aren't seeing the IC champion versus the US champion, etc. on the Rumble PPV. Or WrestleMania, or any other PPV. There's a whole host of things to bitch and moan about with the current main roster product, and every year around this time, it's this.