DVDVR Message Board

UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (11/3/2018) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

Catching up. Shane Burgos must have suicidal tendencies with how he defends. It caught up with him in a big way in his last fight and tonight he pulled victory from the jaws of defeat with that armbar. Lucky boy. Eating two power shots to land a counter is insane.

edit: oh my God, Lando. Guy is easily the most exciting fighter going. 

Very good win for Jared Cannonier. Wrestling is going to bedevil him no matter what division, but he ain't no easy fight.

14 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I know Cormier should win. I know he's the better fighter, and I want to see him murder Brock later no matter what.

But I can't shake this feeling that he gets KO'd tonight.

It's eerie that I was watching Bowe-Golota I (the riot fight at the Garden) earlier and an out of shape Bowe showed up at 252...a pound over what DC weighed yesterday. If he can tough out a training camp with a bad hand so be it, but he ain't in the best shape really. We will see if it's an issue. However, I expect DC to play it safe like the Silva fight and just go for takedowns.

I dunno what Jacare is doing in Orlando, but I like that he's in the shape he was in his BJJ days and not super muscular like he got once he joined X-Gym. He couldn't fight Weidman at this crazy ass pace if he was still in Brazil doing that same type of training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Hopefully, Jacare gets that Whittaker vs. Gastelum alternate spot now that he beat Weidman just in case someone drops out of that fight . You can't ask for a better performance.

You would like to think so.