DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018 - EPISODE 8 (SEMIS)

RIPPA

Toni/Meiko was really awesome. I wish we could've got Meiko/Asuka as a one off match at Evolution, or just Meiko there in any capacity really. I love how excited for the match the commentary seemed to be. Io/Ripley was pretty fun as well. Cool closing shots with Toni/Io on stage with HHH/Sara/Kairi

Toni/Meiko and Rhea/Io were both great. I especially loved the ab work and heeling from Rhea. She really showed she belonged despite likely not being intended to go this far. I am so looking forward to her in NXT UK.

I loved the end with Storm and Io unable to stop grinning at each other on the entrance ramp. I like the that the final is between the top two wrestlers from Stardom the past two years. I know its highly unlikely, but I really hope they play off the fact that this is actually the rubber match between the two.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not surprising results, seemed the obvious finals from the start, but they should tear the house down if they get time Sunday.

Yes, I was surprised at how many thought Meiko or Tegan would make the final. Toni is pretty much the Dunne of the UK women in that she is an obvious star, and Io Shirai is the biggest female  signing not named Ronda they made this year. The final was always going to be their match.

Yeah, I griped about the "Asai moonsault" thing in the thread for the previous episode. I'm guessing the thought process was this: Her finisher is a moonsault, but she's Japanese so it's gotta have a vaguely exotic Japanese name, so let's just use the Japanese-sounding moonsault name that's already out there. The fact that "Asai moonsault" refers to a specific move and not just any moonsault done by a Japanese person is powerless in the face of this reasoning.

Not being a Storm fan I was dreading this result as soon as the brackets came out, but it was a good match. However, I liked Ripley/Io more with the heel dynamic and style size difference. Looking forward to more Ripley in NXT UK. I would like to see the alternate universe finals with Meiko/Ripley as I think that would be a blast.

34 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

Yeah, I griped about the "Asai moonsault" thing in the thread for the previous episode. I'm guessing the thought process was this: Her finisher is a moonsault, but she's Japanese so it's gotta have a vaguely exotic Japanese name, so let's just use the Japanese-sounding moonsault name that's already out there. The fact that "Asai moonsault" refers to a specific move and not just any moonsault done by a Japanese person is powerless in the face of this reasoning.

Honestly its not that surprising considering all of the running enziguris Cole has called shining wizards.

Disappointed in the results as Meiko/Ripley was the match I wanted to see more than any other by the time this was over, but even without checking spoiler results I had a hunch that was not the direction they were going. Shirai was a major letdown the entire tourney, but Ripley came off awesome, just looking stronger and better every match. Problem is Ripley came of like such a monster that it looked a little silly to see her flying around for light elbows and a love tap 619. Still, 4 Meiko matches and 4 Ripley matches, and I still liked the overall presentation of everything, so can't be too mad.

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2018/10/mae-young-classic-2018-episode-8.html