Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
MonteCarl

Survivor Series 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Well no need to worry because we have this gem to deal with

Dr6JMSLVYAIvNr_.jpg

 

Seriously you could add 3 more teams on the RAW side and I would still take the new Day and Usos on their own 

I'm not hip to the WWE roster anymore: who is the fella in the Tiger Mask mask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Hulu version of this show. There were a total of 3 matches shown (Lashley/Elias, Finn/Dolph, Sasha/Bayley) with all three matches cut down for a total of maybe 20 minutes of in ring time. The first match didn't start until over an hour in to the show. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nia Jax won the battle royal at Evolution earning herself a future title match.  Have Nia cash in her title match at Survivor Series.  That way they can fast-forward through the Nia title program and get right back to Becky and Ronda in the near future.   It would be seen to some as rewarding Nia but what can you do, at least it makes sense and people get to see Ronda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another way they could go is just declare that both are not medically cleared to compete

Since the entire angle was based around Becky injuring Ronda's arm - there is an easy out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nia Jax won the battle royal at Evolution earning herself a future title match.  Have Nia cash in her title match at Survivor Series.  That way they can fast-forward through the Nia title program and get right back to Becky and Ronda in the near future.   It would be seen to some as rewarding Nia but what can you do, at least it makes sense and people get to see Ronda.

Do a return,  Nia Jax never won that battle royal ;). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see them saying both women were injured and can’t compete. Push it back a month. The crowd is going to shit on anyone who isn’t Becky on the Smackdown side, except maybe if Asuka were to accept an open challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

I watched the Hulu version of this show. There were a total of 3 matches shown (Lashley/Elias, Finn/Dolph, Sasha/Bayley) with all three matches cut down for a total of maybe 20 minutes of in ring time. The first match didn't start until over an hour in to the show. 

There really was just one match in the first hour. Only 5 total so you would've only missed Tamina/Ember and a tag team battle royal that went 3 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops. And now that I've been quoted, I see that I posted that in the wrong thread. Oh well.

Disappointed Becky is out of the Survivor Series match. Wonder how they'll handle it on SD tonight? Ignore it and pretend the match is still happening, then do some angle/schmozz at the show? Just have somebody else step up and have the match in her place, even though it's then not Champ v Champ? They certainly can't strip her of the title just so they can have a Champ v Champ match at SS can they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine the heat if they stripped Becky and gave the belt to Charlotte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Imagine the heat if they stripped Becky and gave the belt to Charlotte. 

Don't look now but the sheets are claiming there's been talk of 

Becky LOSING quickly to someone to get the belt off her

 

That would be so asinine I don't even want to think about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Don't look now but the sheets are claiming there's been talk of 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Becky LOSING quickly to someone to get the belt off her

 

That would be so asinine I don't even want to think about it. 

So that's what they're gonna do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be unbelievably dumb on at least two completely different levels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's really concussed, she shouldn't even take a roll-up, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this makes WWE examine their call up policy. They put undertrained gymnast Alexa Bliss (not a shot, I’m a big fan and think she could be really great if properly trained) against undertrained UFC fighter Ronda Rousey And now Alexa is out indefinitely with multiple concussions. Undertrained Nia Jax potatoes Becky Lynch And now the hottest act in the company is sidelined. They gotta do better by these girls...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, just drew said:

I hope this makes WWE examine their call up policy. They put undertrained gymnast Alexa Bliss (not a shot, I’m a big fan and think she could be really great if properly trained) against undertrained UFC fighter Ronda Rousey And now Alexa is out indefinitely with multiple concussions. Undertrained Nia Jax potatoes Becky Lynch And now the hottest act in the company is sidelined. They gotta do better by these girls...

I don't think it's exclusive to the women either,   Enzo was a threat to himself and his opposition every single time he walked through the curtain.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the start to Smackdown (SPOILER) ................. they really aren't going to do

 

Brock vs Bryan with no build, are they?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Charlotte still isn't officially on Team SmackDown yet. Seems pretty obvious what they should do.

  Hide contents

20181112_SurvivorSeries_womens--3f217428 

 

Yup. I’m glad it’s obvious to you too. Do a Nikki Bella vs Ronda rematch and have Nikki get her win back. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BLOW UP THE SHOW!

BLOW UP THE SHOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he plays the "you never played the game"  are on one of the IWC writers who actually has been in the ring ...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, odessasteps said:

So he plays the "you never played the game"  are on one of the IWC writers who actually has been in the ring ...

He's not big on self-awareness either. 

OldWetHypsilophodon.0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a dumb meathead wasn't just a gimmick for Ryback.

If this were pre June 23, 2007; Nia would have a Stevie Richards/JBL chair shot to the head coming her way. It just confirms what I knew already; that Nia is still green and isn't a very good wrestler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Regarding the start to Smackdown (SPOILER) ................. they really aren't going to do

  Reveal hidden contents

Brock vs Bryan with no build, are they?

 

 

Build?  Why do you need to build Brock spending 5 minutes dumping a dude with a history of head injuries on his head repeatedly before 4 casual F5's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...