DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2018

MonteCarl

15 minutes ago, maciej said:

Dunno if there's a better thread for this, and I certainly didn't expect to be siding with Ryback ever in my life, but don't y'all think this Nia reaction is a bit overblown? How many wrestlers have injured people much worse than this many times? Not to mention that on Monday 99% of the reaction was "someone accidentally made Becky bleed and this is the coolest thing in the world" and now that the effect of the exact same thing is worse than we thought, there are people on twitter posting GIF threads of like 5 things NIa has done wrong (including not catching a dive correctly, as if most everyone in WWE wasn't guilty of that) that prove she's unfit to be in the ring. 

Injuries do happen in ring, some are worse to what Nia Jax's done. What doesn't help is how many Nia Jax has hurt or alleged to have in a space of time. Nia injured Bayley's arm, dropped Charlotte Flair on her head from a shoulder breaker, Zelina Vega from the battle royal. I'd say Becky Lynch's is the worst because it was so stiff and as a result, the hottest match to a Big Four PPV is off.

EDIT: Typed this up as Rippa's reply went through.

• Like 2

There's also the underlying resentment that some have towards Nia because she is consistently pushed at or near the top of the division for reasons not relating to her (terrible) ringwork. This is perceived to be at the expense of more talented workers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

There's also the underlying resentment that some have towards Nia because she is consistently pushed at or near the top of the division for reasons not relating to her (terrible) ringwork. This is perceived to be at the expense of more talented workers.

^ This. I don't think Nia is willfully unsafe by a longshot. I do think she's extremely limited, still needs lots more training and was rushed to the main roster because VKM liked the idea of a female Brock. Nia is about as far from Brock skill-wise as I am, she should have spent at least a few months more training at the Power Plant before appearing on TV.  

• Like 2

Everyone on this board had been calling for Nia to watch more Vader matches for years and imitate his style.

Nia potatoes the shit out of Becky with a right hand .... sounds like we all just got what we were asking for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Okay - updated card

Brock Lesnar (Universal - RAW) vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE - SDL)

Ronda Rousey (RAW) vs. Charlotte Flair (SDL)

Seth Rollins (IC - RAW) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (US - SDL)

TEAM RAW: Nia Jax/Tamina Snuka/Mickie James/Nattie/Ruby Riott (Captain: Alexa Bliss) vs. TEAM SDL: Asuka/Naomi/Carmella/Sonya Deville/???

TEAM RAW: Braun Strowman/Bobby Lashley/Finn Balor/Drew McIntyre/Dolph Ziggler (Captain: Baron Corbin) vs. TEAM SDL: Miz (Captain)/Shane McMahon/Rey Mysterio Jr/Samoa Joe/Jeff Hardy

TEAM RAW: Boody Roode & Chad Gable (Captains)/Revival/Lucha House Party/B-Squad/Ascension vs. TEAM SDL: Usos (Captains)/New Day/Colons/Sanity/The Club

Tag Team Champs: AOP (RAW) vs. The Bar (SDL)

Cruiserweight Title: Buddy Murphy (Champ) vs. Mustafa Ali

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CSC said:

Jesus ... that show is going to be 17 hours long.

This whole weekend is going to be a long wrestling weekend with Joey Janela's LA Confidential Friday, NJPW's Tag League and NXT Takeover Saturday, and Tag League and Survivor Series Sunday.

These are all the people who are currently not on the card (who as far as I know are not injured - and not counting 205 Live or weirdos like John Cena and the Undertaker)

• Aiden English (SDL)
  • AJ Styles (SDL)
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas (SDL)
  • Apollo Crews (RAW)
  • Bayley (RAW)
  • Billie Kay (SDL)
  • Bo Dallas (RAW)
  • Curt Hawkins (SDL)
  • Dana Brooke (RAW)
  • Dean Ambrose (RAW)*
  • Elias (RAW)
  • Harper (SDL)
  • Heath Slater (RAW)
  • Jinder Mahal (RAW)
  • Lana (SDL)
  • Liv Morgan (RAW)*
  • Mandy Rose (SDL)
  • Mojo Rawley (RAW)
  • No Way Jose (
  • Peyton Royce (SDL)
  • R-Truth (SDL)*
  • Randy Orton (SDL)*
  • Rhyno (RAW)
  • Rusev (SDL)
  • Sarah Logan (RAW)*
  • Sasha Banks (RAW)
  • Singh Brothers (RAW)
  • Shelton Benjamin (SDL)
  • Titus O'Neil (RAW)
  • Tyler Breeze (RAW)
  • Zelina Vega (SDL)

* - Based on things, I figure these folks will show up either as seconds or in angles

9 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

^ Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are in the Tag Team match.

Yeah - I have no idea why I included Bo (notice I didn't include Axel)

I think when I saw Bo, I started thinking about Bray Wyatt and the weird limbo he is in

Just like I forgot to go back and figure out what fucking brand No Way Jose was on because I sure as fuck don't remember

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I have no idea why I included Bo (notice I didn't include Axel)

I think when I saw Bo, I started thinking about Bray Wyatt and the weird limbo he is in

Just like I forgot to go back and figure out what fucking brand No Way Jose was on because I sure as fuck don't remember

Haha, it' happens. When I saw Bo was on that list but not Curtis, I was confused that I had missed a change or injury that I didn't hear about.

Jose is (still) on Raw somehow.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Injuries do happen in ring, some are worse to what Nia Jax's done. What doesn't help is how many Nia Jax has hurt or alleged to have in a space of time. Nia injured Bayley's arm, dropped Charlotte Flair on her head from a shoulder breaker, Zelina Vega from the battle royal. I'd say Becky Lynch's is the worst because it was so stiff and as a result, the hottest match to a Big Four PPV is off.

EDIT: Typed this up as Rippa's reply went through.

A lot of folks are saying Alexa’s concussion issues started w Nia, too...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

A lot of folks are saying Alexa’s concussion issues started w Nia, too...

Not to mention a shoulder injury.

People can say that Nia is being treated unfairly with regards to her hurting people, but it's true. Nia has done more harm to more wrestlers than others I can think of. She was brought up way, way, way too soon and it's clear by now that they're not going to send her back down. So I'm not sure what the solution is, but one thing is for sure, she's not improving in the ring.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Her memory really is bad. Becky came at Nia from the side while Jax was occupied with another wrestler. She doesn't get to pop off about sucker punches. 

Show me on the doll where Becky hurt you.

• Haha 8

50 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Not to mention a shoulder injury.

People can say that Nia is being treated unfairly with regards to her hurting people, but it's true. Nia has done more harm to more wrestlers than others I can think of. She was brought up way, way, way too soon and it's clear by now that they're not going to send her back down. So I'm not sure what the solution is, but one thing is for sure, she's not improving in the ring.

The solution is to call up Dwayne to try and get his cousin some acting gigs.