DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2018

MonteCarl

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thus begins our build toward Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen.

At this point, it feels like Charlotte & Becky would need to find more suitable partners. Like the match would feel much bigger and better with Asuka and someone instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

At this point, it feels like Charlotte & Becky would need to find more suitable partners. Like the match would feel much bigger and better with Asuka and someone instead.

Beating Nia Jax and Tamina* repeatedly would be a good start to rehabbing Sasha and Bayley. 

*Sorry Tamina, but you're guilty by association.

6 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Does it matter what happens at Takeover in this?  I mean I can't imagine putting Duke and Sharif (misspelled) against two WWE superstars at a major event.  Kairi Sane and maybe Bianca Belair or Candice Larae (depending on the Johnny Gargano heel turn) would be a better option

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Part of me wonders if creative COMPLETELY read the room wrong regarding the reaction Bryan got a couple weeks ago.

It’s not one reaction. Bryan’s nowhere near the hot babyface he was a few years back. He needs this.

I’m so happy we’ve seemingly sidestepped a paint-by-numbers road to Bryan-Miz at Mania. Three cheers for chaos! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Does it matter what happens at Takeover in this?  I mean I can't imagine putting Duke and Sharif (misspelled) against two WWE superstars at a major event.  Kairi Sane and maybe Bianca Belair or Candice Larae (depending on the Johnny Gargano heel turn) would be a better option

I'm thinking it wouldn't really get started until closer to Mania time if they do go with Ronda/Becky there now instead to give Duke and Shafir more time to get established at least.

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It’s not one reaction. Bryan’s nowhere near the hot babyface he was a few years back. He needs this.

I’m so happy we’ve seemingly sidestepped a paint-by-numbers road to Bryan-Miz at Mania. Three cheers for chaos! 

Working with Big Casserole and constantly being made to look like an idiot against Miz probably had something to do with Bryan's reactions cooling off. You want to blame somebody? WWE creative strikes again.

• Like 3

Well, this is interesting. On the one hand, cancelling the battle of "Whom am I more sick of seeing with the title?" should in theory increase increase Survivor Series's appeal. On the other hand, I can't help but think of the maxim that it's easy to be unpredictable if you make no damn sense.

51 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Sasha/Bayley can always be heated up, but it does feel interesting at the moment how there's effectively two tiers in WWE's Horsewomen, with the last few months elevating Becky to Charlotte's tier.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Sasha/Bayley can always be heated up, but it does feel interesting at the moment how there's effectively two tiers in WWE's Horsewomen, with the last few months elevating Becky to Charlotte's tier.

I think a story where Sasha and Bayley have to prove to the other two that they’re worthy could be really good. Or a thing where it’s implied that all four of them need the other three to be at their best. After Monday, my theory is that Bayley and Sasha are on the way to Smackdown, maybe after screwing over team Raw on Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha and Bayley are still way more over than most of the women on the roster.   Some here just like to deal in hyperbole. 

Word. I have no idea why Sasha and Bayley are crapped on to the degree they are. Both are really, really good. Great when properly motivated.

• Like 4

So WWE in 2018:

NXT's best ever year.

First women's Royal Rumble match. 

First women's Elimination Chamber match. 

Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle again.

Asuka loses her undefeated streak to Charlotte. 

Ronda Rousey takes to wrestling impressively. 

The Undertaker returns despite a perfect post match send off at WrestleMania XXXIII.

We get three Lesnar vs. Reigns matches, the worst at WrestleMania XXXIV. 

Carmella beats Asuka to retain the Smackdown Live Women's Title. 

Fuck Saudi Arabia X2. 

Bryan and John Cena refuse to go to the second one.

Roman Reigns has Leukemia and vacates the WWE Universal Championship. Get well soon, Roman. 

Becky Lynch becomes the biggest star in WWE. 

First women's PPV.

Shawn Michaels comes out of retirement.

Daniel Bryan turns heel regaining the WWE Championship. Bryan vs. Lesnar is actually going to happen.

---

Tried to cover it all.

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar is a match I've wanted to see for a while. My concerns are the suplexes of Brock lately, Bryan was out for nearly three years with neck/concussion issues and which Brock shows up. AJ Styles was the last to get a great match out of Brock at Survivor Series 2017.

I still remember Bryan taking half nelson suplexes on his head when he returned in 2015:

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar is a match I've wanted to see for a while. My concerns are the suplexes of Brock lately, Bryan was out for nearly three years with neck/concussion issues and which Brock shows up. AJ Styles was the last to get a great match out of Brock at Survivor Series 2017.

Hopefully, the German suplexes Bryan takes will be primarily back bumps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Now, if this were the explanation, I would have zero problems. Unfortunately, there's no way the booking is that logical or thoughtful, so I'm sure we'll get the tried and true, "I don't owe anyone an explanation" explanation.

...and they had Bryan walk right past the interviewer on the backstage segment postmatch. Psychic! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, just drew said:

Word. I have no idea why Sasha and Bayley are crapped on to the degree they are. Both are really, really good. Great when properly motivated.

Motivation was never an issue for Bayley - it's just that the main roster format exposed all of the weaknesses that NXT was able to hide. I don't think I've seen anyone shit on Bayley - just point out that she's far, far short of being the Best Worker In The World like many here believed during her NXT run. 

Sasha is a very talented unprofessional wrestler. 

Dunno if there's a better thread for this, and I certainly didn't expect to be siding with Ryback ever in my life, but don't y'all think this Nia reaction is a bit overblown? How many wrestlers have injured people much worse than this many times? Not to mention that on Monday 99% of the reaction was "someone accidentally made Becky bleed and this is the coolest thing in the world" and now that the effect of the exact same thing is worse than we thought, there are people on twitter posting GIF threads of like 5 things NIa has done wrong (including not catching a dive correctly, as if most everyone in WWE wasn't guilty of that) that prove she's unfit to be in the ring. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of the reaction is based on a couple of things (and ignoring the usual folks who yell just to yell)

- Nia has a few things in a short period of time. Many blame her for Zelina Vega's injury at Evolution (for which Vega was just cleared to return from). So that is two in the span of three weeks. 

- It took away arguably the hottest match/Main Event of a Big 4 PPV.

• Like 1