DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2018

MonteCarl

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

If they're really doing the match again, I think there's some real value in putting AJ over, especially after how they've protected him in the last year and with the impending move to Fox.

I'm naively/hoping AJ Styles will beat Brock Lesnar this go round. Today I watched Lesnar/Styles for the first time since it happened. Lesnar's last great match, it's all Brock in the first half till Styles came back with the flying offense and working Lesnar's leg over. More of this again, please.

If they're doing two "pro wrestler from Smackdown versus MMA wrestler from Raw" matches, one of them has to go to SDL, right? Or maybe once they're on TV Vince considers them all sports entertainers and won't think twice about putting Ronda and Brock over. Last year seemed like a total domination from the Raw side too so logic (I know, I know...) would say Smackdown will get more of a nod this year.

I think it is fairly likely they have forgotten that they already ran Lesnar vs Styles last year. Or that they will hotshot the belt onto sb else.

It could have been WWE simply not wanting Braun's first major singles title win to take place on Saudi-Arabian soil with all the bad press surrounding it... then again, this is totally wishful thinking on my part. 

Nakamura might beat Seth. And Nakamura did MMA too. 

Smackdown might win the survivor series match. But that might hinder Dz and Drews push if they're on the Raw team. I would expect a bigger push for Sd next year when they're on Fox. In the meantime they're the B brand.

20 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

If they're doing two "pro wrestler from Smackdown versus MMA wrestler from Raw" matches, one of them has to go to SDL, right? Or maybe once they're on TV Vince considers them all sports entertainers and won't think twice about putting Ronda and Brock over. Last year seemed like a total domination from the Raw side too so logic (I know, I know...) would say Smackdown will get more of a nod this year.

Shane is the best in the world.

• Like 1

Survivor Series was been a really good PPV since this brand split. Its probably my favorite of the big 4 since. I dont think it gets enough love because it seems to have the least fanfare because there are so many Big shows around this time. Looking forward to Seth vs Nak and Charlotte vs Becky, I dont want AJ to lose to Brock again but atleast he can get a good match out of him plus Brock obviously likes him enough to be willing to put some time into this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Nakamura might beat Seth. And Nakamura did MMA too. 

Smackdown might win the survivor series match. But that might hinder Dz and Drews push if they're on the Raw team. I would expect a bigger push for Sd next year when they're on Fox. In the meantime they're the B brand.

Since Brock and Ronda are almost certainly gonna win, SD needs something so I guess they’ll probably take the 5 on 5 match and Nakamura will win. He won’t win clean though. Rollins is much higher in the company pecking order and Ambrose will probably interfere to screw Rollins.

• Like 1

As a reminder - last year the breakdown was the following

RAW WON

• Women's 5x5
  • Men's 5x5
  • World Title
  • The random 6 man between Shield and New Day

SDL WON

• US vs IC Title Match 
  • Tag Titles
  • Women's Titles

I feel like it will basically be the same this year except for swapping the Women's 5X5 and Women's Title matches

I'm interested in Ronda vs. Becky and I enjoyed Brock vs. AJ last year.  That said,  I do not like this format.  I'd rather the Survivor Series matches be between people who are feuding.  For example,  Rey Mysterio,  Jeff Hardy and The New Day vs. Nakamura,  Randy Orton, Big Show and The Bar.  Or Braun Stroman, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Elias and Kurt Angle vs. Drew McIntyre, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley. 

Maybe a women's and men's Survivor Series match from each brand and then the top titles defended.  So in SD's case you can still run AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan or Samoa Joe and on RAW's side Brock Lesnar can defend against someone,  though nobody is really built up to challenge outside of the guys in the survival match :lol: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

If they're really doing the match again, I think there's some real value in putting AJ over, especially after how they've protected him in the last year and with the impending move to Fox.

I'm with you. AJ  beats Lesnar, McIntyre comes away from the Rumble with the belt, somehow and we make the march toward Strowman's coronation. And we can do Bryan/Styles at Mania with 24 minutes freed up for the pair of them because HHH is too injured to take the longest match for himself.

• Sad 1

I don't like to see anyone get injured and I have always been a fan of Hunter..  I also appreciate what he has done for the business in recent years with NXT and booking an old school type show and giving women's wrestlers a platform to compete.. etc.    

However,  I will be very happy if he is not on the card for WrestleMania this year. 

• Like 2

Triple H be cutting it close for WrestleMania next year. 

In ring Trips' has a mixture of good and bad matches, some too long and wasn't the most selfless wrestler on top.

Triple H is teak tough finishing matches when badly injured. NXT is wonderful since it was rebooted from its original format. Triple H gets rightful credit for that, the way it's booked, the quality of the product and the roster assembled for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Can totally see AJ beating Brock, probably with Braun distraction, with maybe the rubber match happening at Mania. Braun costing Raw the win would play into his feud with GM Corbin too.

Then Braun gets traded to SDL in the shakeup & reminds AJ that he only beat Lesnar because of him...

If you add a stipulation that Baron needs Raw to beat Smackdown to keep his job and Braun costs them the rubber match, it's an ultimate babyface move.

I'm still hoping for what should have happened last year. Braun at number one (as penance for costing Raw). Braun eliminates 29 other guys. 

Run three months of vignettes of Braun racing Roman down beaches. Afa can play Duke.