DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2018

MonteCarl

I was thinking about how there has been zero mention of Survivor Series, what with them building to two other big shows right now, but I thought to myself, "Shouldn't be a problem. After Crown Jewel they'll have about a month to build it" figuring that it was the end of November. Then I looked up the date of the show. It is on November 18. That gives them two weeks to build to what is supposed to be one of their biggest shows of the year. I guess if the build is simply "The one time a  year that RAW and SD compete in head to head competition" and they just have all the champions face each other like last year, there's not a whole lot they need to build to, but damn man. Three shows in less than a month from each other is way too much, and I really hope Survivor Series doesn't suffer as it's usually one of my favorite shows of the year. Anyway, since the show is less than a month away, I thought I'd get the ball rolling with some predictions and speculation on where the show may end up.

I'm guessing there will be a RAW v SD elimination match, and there are rumors of a Team Angle v Team Corbin elimination match for control of RAW. Outside of those, if we stick with Champion v Champion matches, as of right now we'd get:

(Vacant) v AJ Styles - Don't want to see Brock/AJ again, and I would be really curious to see what AJ can get out of Braun. Here's hoping Braun wins the title at Crown Jewel

Seth Rollins v Nakamura - That could be a hell of a match and it seems like the only match that for sure will be happening right now, if they stick with the champ v champ matches because I don't see either of them losing their titles before Survivor Series

??? v The Bar - Shield v The Bar would've been a great match a month ago. Now with the Ambrose heel turn, no idea who will have the RAW titles come Survivor Series. Who could it be? Will they do a tournament to crown new champs?  With The Shield as well as McIntyre/Ziggler out of the picture, that leaves Revival, B Team, Roode/Gable, AOP in the RAW tag division. Would hope the titles end up on Revival, and a Revival v Bar match would be sweet. But they likely will end up on AOP.

Becky Lynch v Ronda Rousey - This is one reason I think Becky keeps the title at Evolution. I don't think they're going to run Charlotte/Rousey yet, as that is a likely Mania program. Rumors have been flying for months about a Horsewomen v Horsewomen match here at Survivor Series, but don't see how they can reconcile the Becky/Charlotte feud as well as bring up the other three MMA Horsewomen by then. Becky/Rousey could be a great match.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen is probably going to happen next year. I think too many assume Charlotte/Ronda is the endgame in that one when it will more likely set it off.

I'd rather see Shayna Baszler vs. Ronda. They have gotten so good in a short amount of time. Shayna is one of my favorites in nxt, and I'm surprised how good Ronda has gotten in a short amount of time.

• Like 2

Are the other two MMA Horsewomen training Pro-Wrestling as well, then? Also, can anyone remember their names without looking them up? I remember there's the really tall one who used to be a model, and there's the Middle Eastern one who never fights.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Are the other two MMA Horsewomen training Pro-Wrestling as well, then? Also, can anyone remember their names without looking them up? I remember there's the really tall one who used to be a model, and there's the Middle Eastern one who never fights.

You mean Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, who have not only been in the PC for several months, but they've been tagging with Baszler on the Florida Loop for 2 months now?

Yes, them. They didn't make much of an impression in their MMA careers. Duke was coached by Ronda on TUF, didn't win the tournament but got a UFC contract anyway, then went 0-3 and got cut. I believe she then went to Invicta and lost a couple more. Shafir, I think she was just a trainer who never fought or something. Shayna Baszler was a good MMA fighter at one point in her career, she was a pioneer of Women's MMA early on, but the game evolved past her and she started losing all of her fights too. So did Ronda after she beat Bethe Corriea. 

So if you think about it, they aren't really the Four Horsewomen of MMA, they're more the NWO B-Team of MMA.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So if you think about it, they aren't really the Four Horsewomen of MMA, they're more the NWO B-Team of MMA.

I like Joan Jett, but Ronda going from "Bad Reputation" to the nWo b-theme would be an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd rather see Shayna Baszler vs. Ronda. They have gotten so good in a short amount of time. Shayna is one of my favorites in nxt, and I'm surprised how good Ronda has gotten in a short amount of time.

I weirdly have little desire to see that match. I like both as wrestlers a lot and think they could pull something good, but at the same time something tells me they wouldn't quite gel as well as they should.

Steph and Shane both brag about how their women performed at Evolution resulting in the battle of the brands, super size 5 on 5 traditional elimination match...
Team RAW - Bayley, Banks, Natalya, Moon & Jax vs Team SDL - Asuka, Naomi, IIconics & (suprise partner) Kairi Sane

Team Bryan - Bryan, Rusev, Mysterio & Truth vs Team Miz - Miz, English, Almas & Benjamin

Ambrose costs Rollins the IC title to Ziggler playing into...
Team Angle - Angle, Rollins, Balor & Strowman vs Team Corbin - Corbin, Ambrose, Lashley & McIntyre

As well as...
Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura 

Lynch & Rousey both retain...
Match is a shmozz as Charlotte (returning from being laid out at Evolution) and the Bellas interfere and we get a mixed roster womens brawl before anything becomes of Rousey v Lynch.

The Revival randomly win the tag titles and then promptly get beaten the Bar at Survivor Series.

Lesnar takes the Universal Title for...
Lesnar vs Styles 2 - Styles goes over to help hype an eventual rubber match.

7 matches, plus throw in something for the 205 guys on the preshow (Murphy vs Itami please), Elias in concert (taking an RKO outta nowhere?), A John Cena sighting as well as some backstage stuff with Shane/Paige/Steph and there's your show.

It still wont get near TakeOver: War Games 2

AOP vs Bar I think could be a fun Hoss tag with them just beating the piss out of each other and I think there's some fun to be had with the juxtaposition of Drake Maverick and BIg Show and ring side.

Also I like the idea of the RAW vs SmackDown 5v5 beng the women that'd be cool.

I'd much rather see Braun vs AJ than Brock vs AJ, Drew can interfer cost Braun the match then that sets up Braun vs Drew at TLC.

Also Team Bryan vs Team Miz and Team Kurt vs Team Baron are cool ideas.

I don't know if I'd have Charolette and Bellas get involved in Becky vs Ronda I'd have Nia who just earned a title shot and Tamina cuz they're cousins interfere when it looks like Ronda is going to make Becky tap and then boom Ronda gets beat up big time and Becky slinks out of the ring holding her arm and title and slips away. Meanwhile Ronda gets beat the fuck up and it sets up heel Nia vs Ronda for TLC. Or you go super old school, and Tamina faces Ronda at TLC to soften Ronda up for Nia at the Rumble.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 9:38 PM, AxB said:

Yes, them. They didn't make much of an impression in their MMA careers. Duke was coached by Ronda on TUF, didn't win the tournament but got a UFC contract anyway, then went 0-3 and got cut. I believe she then went to Invicta and lost a couple more. Shafir, I think she was just a trainer who never fought or something. Shayna Baszler was a good MMA fighter at one point in her career, she was a pioneer of Women's MMA early on, but the game evolved past her and she started losing all of her fights too. So did Ronda after she beat Bethe Corriea. 

Duke wasn't that good in MMA.

Shafir was built as the next Ronda after she won her first fight by a quick armbar. She then got steamrolled twice and disappeared.

WMMA is pretty terrible in itself and hasn't really evolved that much, so you can still say they are the Four Horsewomen of MMA.

If the WWE ever want to turn Ronda heel, just put her on Total Divas and let her be herself. No editing. People will see how much of an egotistical miserable person she truly is.

At this point it's easy - it's the 20th Anniversary of Deadly Games - and WWE loves them anniversaries.

Brock/Braun goes to a no finish at Null and run an 8-man tournament plus a men's and women's survivor match between the rounds.  

Hell ... you can even have Drew win as the new corporate champion plus tying up the chosen one storyline in the process.

it works almost too well.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Throwing Ronda in front of the speeding bullet that is Becky Lynch's career high momentum is a surefire way to get the fans to boo the shit out of her. What are they thinking?

I hate being a cynic, but clearly Becky won at evolution to spare the Ronda/Charlotte match for a later date.

I'd imagine its a product of Ronda/Charlotte for WM 35 likely being planned so far in advance, especially with rumours earlier this year that both Becky and Charlotte were at some of Ronda's secret training sessions. The Becky feud was clearly about passing the torch to her as top woman on SDL, and also making her look strong enough to take on Ronda--however it ends, its still cool that Becky's gone from jobbing in 2 minutes in the women's Survivor Series match to going against the biggest star in the company in a singles match. Becky losing here also makes Charlotte look like more of an underdog, unable to beat a woman who Ronda can take down.