DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 10/23/2018 - Don't Make Friends With Anyone

Dolfan in NYC

The best part of tonight's show was Shayna Baszler just staring down both Becky and Charlotte with a "I could kill you both" face.   

Otherwise, eh.   This was a *bad* go home show for a PPV on Sunday. 

• Like 1

Both matches I wanted to see in full got the screen-in-screen treatment. Booooo

Also... and they probably didn't mean it like this, but I've gotta say it. WWE have been such attention whores for mainstream press for so long that putting up the headlines and logos of all the people that said anything about Reigns makes them look like shit. It's almost a step away from "NOW TOP TRENDING ON SOCIAL MEDIA: ROMAN HAS CANCER!!!!!!!!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I did notice a particularly funny sign in the crowd. "Ambrose did it for the Rock"

That did get a genuine laugh out of me.

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

apparently the production crew were planting them in the crowd. 

They looked just like those "CESARO SECTION" signs.

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Both matches I wanted to see in full got the screen-in-screen treatment. Booooo

So, wait, I'm confused. You're upset the two matches you wanted to see in full both got broadcasted in full instead of having a big chunk missing for a commercial break?

• Like 2

God the booking on this show is such shit:

-Rusev Day split up for no reason. Crowd actually reacts to feud (One Night in Milwaukee!), that angle is quickly tossed, Rusev squashes English.  Everyone came out of this angle worse than they came in!

-Look at the SD guys just randomly left off the show: Joe (might be injured), Harper, Benjamin, Almas, Gallows, Anderson, Sanity, R-Truth (Took a stupid storyline and got it over),Tye Dillinger, the GM Paige on the go-home show of a women’s PPV and the US champion Nakamura.  I mean, if your job is to book a 2 hour wrestling show and you can’t find anything for guys like the above, what exactly are you doing?!

ROH does a lot wrong on a weekly basis but they advance way more storylines in a one hour show than Smackdown does. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Shayna, Marina and Bianca win for their facial expressions during the PC segment.

Dug the Uso doing the Roman fist cock while doing the top rope splash.

They really should just put The Uso's and Reigns together when Big Uce comes back. The Uso's in their current form with Reigns would have Hall & Nash level of swag.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, caley said:

-Rusev Day split up for no reason. Crowd actually reacts to feud (One Night in Milwaukee!), that angle is quickly tossed, Rusev squashes English.  Everyone came out of this angle worse than they came in!

-Look at the SD guys just randomly left off the show: Joe (might be injured), Harper, Benjamin, Almas, Gallows, Anderson, Sanity, R-Truth (Took a stupid storyline and got it over),Tye Dillinger, the GM Paige on the go-home show of a women’s PPV and the US champion Nakamura.  I mean, if your job is to book a 2 hour wrestling show and you can’t find anything for guys like the above, what exactly are you doing?!

ROH does a lot wrong on a weekly basis but they advance way more storylines in a one hour show than Smackdown does. 

That's what you get when Road Dogg is the head writer of your show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Forgot about poor Aiden. He's done. Even if they ship him back to NXT... hell, they might as well just endeavor him to the indies.

I think he'd be pretty easy to rehabilitate.  Have him come out and sing funny songs (i.e. let him write them himself, NOT the WWE writing staff), before his matches.  Give him a couple wins over middling heels (Benjamin etc.) and the fans would probably love him.  Or team him with R-Truth, he actually could be quite funny singing hooks for "What's Up" and being genuinely put off by R-Truth''s antics, but still have him have Truth's back when the chips are down.  I still remember how incredible he was in early NXT, when he'd come out and sing and the crowd got so into it that they would chant "Encore" and throw him roses and they had to quickly reverse plans and turn him face.  THAT SAID, it would require a bit of work and this staff can't be bothered to write Nakamura into the show so I wouldn't expect it, but it COULD be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

Paige being absent and Shane McMahon being around for several minutes is a bad sign going forward. Part of why SDL wasn't very good for much of 2017-18 was how much of the airtime got wasted on his storylines, storylines that were generally uninteresting and hurt everything else on the show by denying them the time they needed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Honestly yes. I hate the little screen so much.

I guess it's just the way you worded it that confused me. I thought I was reading a post celebrating that you got to see the two in full only to hit a M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I guess it's just the way you worded it that confused me. I thought I was reading a post celebrating that you got to see the two in full only to hit a M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end.

Spoiler

• Like 2

11 hours ago, caley said:

The female GM not being on the go-home show for the first women's PPV was mind-boggling to me.

Honestly, the thing I hate most about Smackdown right now is the Bar being saddled with Big Show.  Considering how many angles are being booked badly and how many guys aren't being used, that's quite an accomplishment.

WWE has managed to finally squash Rusev Day.  i have no interest in seeing any of those three on tv going forward.  And I won't be too surprised if Aiden is literally never on my tv again.

Poor Nak.....

• Like 1

I really liked the Performance Center segment with Charlotte and Becky. This is the match I think I'm looking forward to seeing most at Evolution. Poor Charlotte. If she wins, she'll be booed out of the building lol 

If that mess with the women was all that they could come up with to hype the battle royal, I give up lol 

• Like 2