DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

Brocktober continues!   Tannehill is again out for this week. No one seems to know what the fuck is going on with Tannehill except that he ABSOLUTELY does *NOT* need surgery to repair his NOT!! torn rotator cuff.  

Also DeVante Parker is probably not going to be traded despite people asking about him.  Mainly because the Dolphins don't have anyone left.  

tumblr_ohsl85DFEO1qac1soo1_540.gif

I don't like football at the moment. 

Can’t wait for the return of Brock Osweiler to Houston. I think DeAndre Hopkins is going to line up at OLB to take a shot at the one QB that couldn’t throw to him.

Just heard an absurd stat: Brock to DeAndre, 151 targets, 78 catches. Hopkins catches anything around him. Got a ridiculous catch radius. 73 times Brock attempted a pass to Nuk and it wasn’t catchable. It wasn’t Hopkins. It was Brock.

The NFL finalized the Saturday games later in the season

On Saturday, December 15, the Texans and Jets will play in New Jersey at 4:30 p.m. ET. The Browns and Broncos will square off in Denver at 8:20 p.m. ET. The following Saturday, December 22, Washington-Titans will start at 4:30 p.m. ET in Nashville, and Ravens-Chargers will kickoff in L.A. at 8:20 p.m. ET.

The quartet of games will be televised nationally on NFL Network as part of the arrangement that allows the league-owned broadcast operation to justify the fees charged by cable and satellite providers. By parking four of those games on Saturdays, more Thursday night games can be simulcast on FOX.

29 minutes ago, CSC said:

Wooof - yea, no thanks.  I'll go outside or something on those Saturdays.  

I too am glad I live in a place where stuff happens on a Saturday night. 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:31 AM, Craig H said:

You know who is on IR though? Bilal Powell.

And apparently Todd Bowles thinks that Powell's injury is very possibly a career ending injury.   It's a neck injury that requires surgery on a 30 year old RB...   Yeah, that's not a stretch. 

Yeah, I saw that come up in Sleeper too and I just felt immediately bad, but also somewhat relieved that he didn't take a bad hit and wind up crippled. Here's to hoping he saved his money well if that's it for his career.

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sources reached by ESPN insisted there was no indication that Cruz committed an off-field mistake, nor that his firing was in any way based in discipline.

The NFL grades officials on their performance on every play of every game. The league has occasionally suspended or re-assigned officials for mistakes of game administration, but it evaluates their careers a yearly basis by placing each in one of three tiers.

Tier I is for the top performers, Tier II is for mid-level grades and Tier III is for the worst-performing officials in a given year. Historically, two consecutive seasons in the third tier makes an official vulnerable to termination.

That system is designed to prevent instant evaluations based on a single mistake or a series of closely-timed mistakes. The NFL's quick decision on Cruz will send shock waves through the officiating ranks. Officials who once could be assured that their season would be evaluated through a larger lens will now be left to wonder if they could receive a career-ending phone call after one bad game.

Well, the refs are unionized too, so for a mid-season termination to happen, the union probably had so sign off on it.

So he was probably a terrible NFL ref and was actively hurting the product, so yeah. 

The Jaguars' annual trip to London appears to be going swimmingly.

AMERICAN football stars were involved in a nightclub brawl over a £50,000 bar bill.

The four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested by cops at 4am.

Trouble flared after they were accused of trying to leave the London Reign Showclub without paying their tab yesterday.

The players, who earn an average of £43,000 a week, squared up to bouncers outside the nightspot.

A source said “It was the West End equivalent of King Kong meeting Godzilla.”

Seriously, a £50,000 bar tab? That's fucking ridiculous.