DVDVR Message Board

Halloween Havoc : Season of the Witch

Execproducer

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Despite JTs post earlier, I would suggest also eliminating all the various versions of A Xmas Carol (even the Muppet version and Scrooged). 

That is a horrible suggestion.  You could have endless discussion on the variations of a Christmas Carol from the Muppet version to Scrooged to An American Christmas Carol with Henry Winkler.

My main concern about the three I listed was the idea of telling 10 people that someone else beat them to it and people reading these reviews not giving them the attention they deserve because they know those films by heart. I don’t think any version of the Dickens story necessarily falls into that category.

I did a search with this topic in mind, and there are quite a few Christmas-adjacent films out there.  I have a surprising amount of them that I wasn't even aware they were "Christmas" movies.  So there's some neat stuff out there.

7 hours ago, nate said:

I did a search with this topic in mind, and there are quite a few Christmas-adjacent films out there.  I have a surprising amount of them that I wasn't even aware they were "Christmas" movies.  So there's some neat stuff out there.

Hell yeahs. I can tell you right now, whoever gets my pick is reading subtitles.

• Like 1

Not until Roth craps out this turkey (NSFW dummies)

Speaking of which, him not even MENTIONING the Alien films in last night's "Killer Creatures" episode of History of Horror really pissed me off. It's nice that he gave It a more than generous nod, as well as the works of Del Toro, but seriously dude...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

May I suggest all films related to a holiday? Not that Xmas doesn't have enough to go around of course.

But the thing is, Christmas does have enough to go around. And when Brian threw it out as an idea, I think his emphasis was more on honoring Justin Newbould, rather than Christmas being his ideal genre as the first extension of the Havoc franchise, if you will.