DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 10/22/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Either way, I don't think they just outright drop the titles or go with Seth defending them alone. The new trend with partners or friends in WWE is to drag out these things as long as possible even after it looks like one partner turns on the other. 

Next week they need to be in that friends remediation course. Seems to have worked wonders for Sasha and Bayley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The way WWE treats tag team wrestling, they'll probably have Dean and Seth face each other with the winner getting the IC title and the loser being forced to find a partner and defend the tag team belts. 

• Like 1

Eh.  I see Sasha as more of an IC champ type. 

(Actually, I think the women's division is big enough now that they could stand a secondary champ to give the non-Ronda's of the world something to do.)

• Like 3

One thing I loved with Dean's turn: After the initial Dirty Deeds, Rollins starts to recover and is nodding his head and trying to tell Dean "It's ok. It's ok brother." Like he knew this was a possibility and understood why Dean attacked him. He wasn't confused or lost. Just upset that he hurt Dean and set him off.

It played amazingly well into Dean's emotional battle, biting his fist, questioning himself etc.

Also the easy solution (pending fitness) for the tag titles - The return of Jason Jordan!

On another note: Can we get an official heel turn from Apollo and hook him up with Lashley and Rush? I think they would make a great group and it also ties into the trios thing WWE have been building lately.

• Like 4

I'd be more into the "Dean was always going to turn" or "Roman kept them together" stuff if they didn't already go through all of this a year ago with Dean and Seth fighting each other, unable to get along, constantly brawling until that one night they finally did the fist bump together and reunited which was all without Roman and showed that they had gotten over the initial uneasiness. Even just last week in the 6 man tag, Dean tried to dirty deeds Seth but they overcame that and went on to win the match so all was well again. I guess I just still prefer them as a team vs opponents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I guess I just still prefer them as a team vs opponents.

Same here. I'd rather them still be a team, but occassionally need to beat each other up, like brothers. You think Jacques and Raymond didn't need to kick the crap out of each other when they were younger? 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 9:57 PM, DreamBroken said:

I'd be more into the "Dean was always going to turn" or "Roman kept them together" stuff if they didn't already go through all of this a year ago with Dean and Seth fighting each other, unable to get along, constantly brawling until that one night they finally did the fist bump together and reunited which was all without Roman and showed that they had gotten over the initial uneasiness. Even just last week in the 6 man tag, Dean tried to dirty deeds Seth but they overcame that and went on to win the match so all was well again. I guess I just still prefer them as a team vs opponents.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Same here. I'd rather them still be a team, but occassionally need to beat each other up, like brothers.

Same for me.

• Like 1

I watched the Hulu version of RAW, I didn't get to see Elias' face turn. 

Roman's speech was hard man, shits fucked up and I wish him the best, Dean and Seth meeting him on the ramp was a very real and touching moment. the room got dusty if you catch my drift.

Finn vs Lashley was good. A friend told me they are feuding I wasn't aware of this. I was aware of Lashley and Rush's pairing and I like the grouping. Lio is great at being obnoxious. I like Balor winning with a roll up, He's a smaller fellow and he manages to beat the bigger guys. Roll up makes sense. If they ever pull the trigger on Finn the Giant Killer this match would be a good template for it.

I skipped the DX-Brothers of Destruction stuff, I just don't care.

I really fucking hope that Braun pins Brock at Crown Jewel nows the moment. They have a built in feud with the match from last year. Also Drew hit a perfect Claymore on Braun. Braun vs Drew over the Universal title over the next few months could be a lot of fun, IF the do the logical thing and put the belt on Braun.

Not saying Ronda isn't safe or anything but is it particularly wise to put Nikki whose neck isn't the steadiest neck in the world in the ring one on one with Ronda who has only been wrestling for 6 months. I sure they will protect Nikki and there is going to be a lot of gaga and it will be kept short. Just an observation.

Why is Alicia Fox wearing heels that make her 7 feet tall. I did enjoy the beat down between Mickie and Alecia vs Trish and Lita. It felt a little underproduced which is a compliment, everything on WWE TV is very precise and deliberate and there was parts of this that felt real in a sense, not shoot like they were fighting but more so that it didn't feel rehearsed. 

Dolph and Drew vs Dean and Seth was really good, crowd super behind the Shield of course. But this was all about that turn baby. I think this was the perfect night to turn Dean. The opening promo was the show was vey real bare moment, and Dean looked absolutely wrecked by his good buddy having cancer. The crowds emotions were riding high when they won and then Boom!!!! Dean turns, those crowd reaction shots boy were they pissed. That Dirty Deeds on the concrete boy oh boy is this feud gonna get nas-tay.

• Like 1