DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns has leukemia

RIPPA

38 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

Spear leukemia through the wall Rome. Get well soon. On a side note, does anyone else feel like shit for booing this dude for all these years after finding out what he's been dealing with?

My exact words were, "I'm a fucking asshole.".

Hey, at least I'm man enough to admit it.

11 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

Spear leukemia through the wall Rome. Get well soon. On a side note, does anyone else feel like shit for booing this dude for all these years after finding out what he's been dealing with?

I feel like we've been booing his booking, and not him as a person.  And he even brought that up in his speech, that even when you boo him, at least that means you care.

I have no doubt he will overcome this.  Because he doesn't seem to have any doubt.  

• Like 3

Man that sucks. Joe is a fantastic human being. I won't say "I think he'll beat it" because it's fucking cancer, but like someone else said here, he seems confident that it's something he can handle. I hope he gets better, and I hope he is able to get back in the ring. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

No, because I wasn’t booing him. Roman’s awesome. 

Seconded. I've always liked Roman. His promos weren't always that great but he busted his ass in the ring

• Like 5

I was at tonight's show. It started off in typical boo Roman fashion. Then he announced he had leukemia and most everyone looked around at each other like what did he say? 

Then people scrambled to their phones, some thinking it was a work but come on they wouldn't do that.. 

Then people realized it was real and started getting emotional, myself included on that, I still tried to enjoy the show but it was all surreal. Just a very odd live wrestling experience. I never liked the booking but I liked Roman the performer and he seemed like a good guy as well I hope a full recovery for him and prayers for his loved ones.

• Like 5

Gutted for the lad. As an outside observer rather than viewer these days, I always found it strange how everyone took to booing him because he was Vince's Anoaʻinted poster boy when these same fans were clamouring him to win the Royal Rumble way back when Batista won it. Then it became cool to boo him because... who knows these days.

They were on the verge of Luger-ing him when he kept coming up short against Brock but it seemed like he was just sort of turning a corner and then this. Awful

I know I've said things about Roman over the years, but I never had an issue with him the person or wrestler. It was always booking and I always though they could do so much better with him than having him be the next John Cena. I can only hope it was caught early and that he will respond well to treatment. The WWE will probably spare no expense finding the best Doctor's in the world to treat him.

i feel for his family though. They've suffered so many tragedy's over the years. They don't need another.

• Like 3

He didn't start wrestling until AFTER he beat leukemia the first time, no wonder Vince kept pushing him and pushing him.

I do now wonder if his "mystery illness" last winter was a cancer scare, and they didn't want to say anything before they knew.

Absolutely not important, but...

Can you imagine the pop if/when he returns unannounced and spears some fool?

4 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

He didn't start wrestling until AFTER he beat leukemia the first time, no wonder Vince kept pushing him and pushing him.

I do now wonder if his "mystery illness" last winter was a cancer scare, and they didn't want to say anything before they knew.

Bo, Bray, and I think JoJo were all out with the same thing at the same time, so probably not. But, hell, who knows what exactly that was.

First of, lots of thoughts for all those who lost loved ones due to cancer. It was really touching to read about some of your experience. 

As for Reigns: This is shocking news. I really want him to overcome the odds. I wish him all the best in his Battle against this shitty sickness. He seems well liked and respected by his peers, he is a young man with a family... I think lots of people are rooting for him. 

It is really hard to comprehend that this got turned into a part of the TV programme. They probably checked with everyone if it was okay to go all out publically, but it just baffled me. Not condemning anything or judging, just genuinely surprised. If it helps raising awareness, good. Maybe I'm just afraid of this turning into bad taste like Eddie back in 2006...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Black Angel said:

Hey, look at it this way...if, say, Jack Gleeson came down with cancer, would you feel bad about hating Joffrey? Roman Reigns is a fictional character, so don't beat yourself up...