DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns has leukemia

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

My grandfather died due to complications of leukemia last year. He was 90 and had other age related health issues you get at that age though, so hopefully Roman is young and healthy enough to come out on top. 

Sorry about your grandfather man

Hopefully it was caught early enough, I'm hoping Roman gets checked regularly already since he had it once. I feel really bad for him

• Like 2

Jeez...I feel awful for him. Fucking cancer.

Someone this young and in this good of shape. It just isn't right. It's not right for anyone.

I hope, like I hope for everyone else, that he beats this into remission and it stays that way.

• Like 5

Damn, damn. I'm legit bummed. This sucks.

Not to get all religious or anything, but man I'm praying hard for him and his family and may God give them peace in the middle of this.

59 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hopefully it was caught early enough, I'm hoping Roman gets checked regularly already since he had it once. I feel really bad for him

My mother was diagnosed with leukemia about 12 years ago. It was caught quickly, and went into remission within a few months. She still gets checked out every few months to make sure it doesn't come back. I would imagine Roman does as well, and this was caught early. And he'll have access to the best medical care possible. 

• Like 9

Thoughts, prayers and condolences to those here in our little group that have been impacted. Lung cancer got my dad so,e forty years ago, never smoked, rarely drank... He may have gotten exposed to some nasty chemicals during WWII, he was a chemist and spent the war Stateside running Lord knows what kind of tests, so it's very possible, as safety precautions weren't exactly optimum... 

Anyway, here's hoping Roman kicks out of this one!

• Like 4

I said this on Twitter and I'll say it here: 

People forget that pro wrestling really is a brotherhood.  They see each other more than their own families, and become a family.  Everyone there just saw one of their friends go down. And that hurts deep.

Say what you will about Roman Reigns the character - but Joseph Anoa’i is a good person and he doesn’t deserve this. Nobody does.  

I have no doubt he’ll beat this once again. He’s Samoan. You can’t keep him down.

• Like 11

As a funeral director since 2000, I've seen cancer's results on an almost daily basis, and the toll it takes on the person and their loved ones. My stepmother passed away in December of 2016 after beating cancer 15 times before. She was a warrior. Reigns is a warrior. My best to him and his family. 

• Sad 5

I lost my wife of 11+ years earlier this month from breast cancer.

She was initially diagnosed in August 2016. We always knew that breast cancer was a possibility given her family history (three generations have had it), we didn't expect it to happen at age 39, and with no signs of it (she did regular self-exams, but it was discovered during her annual mammogram).

Five rounds of chemo, two surgeries, weeks of radiation, and several hospitalizations later, she thought she had it beat. In June, she had her final surgery -- permanent implants. We thought it was over.

Less than two months later, it came back. It metastasized to her lungs and small intestine. Treatment to control the cancer did nothing, and she went into hospice care in late September. She died a little over a week later. I always thought I would grow old together with her. Now, I'm a widower with a seven-year-old daughter (who is staying with family out of state for the rest of the school year while I deal with my wife's affairs -- I do speak with her daily).

Cancer sucks.

• Sad 31

4 minutes ago, colonial said:

I lost my wife of 11+ years earlier this month from breast cancer.

She was initially diagnosed in August 2016. We always knew that breast cancer was a possibility given her family history (three generations have had it), we didn't expect it to happen at age 39, and with no signs of it (she did regular self-exams, but it was discovered during her annual mammogram).

Five rounds of chemo, two surgeries, weeks of radiation, and several hospitalizations later, she thought she had it beat. In June, she had her final surgery -- permanent implants. We thought it was over.

Less than two months later, it came back. It metastasized to her lungs and small intestine. Treatment to control the cancer did nothing, and she went into hospice care in late September. She died a little over a week later. I always thought I would grow old together with her. Now, I'm a widower with a seven-year-old daughter (who is staying with family out of state for the rest of the school year while I deal with my wife's affairs -- I do speak with her daily).

Cancer sucks.

So, so sorry for your loss, friend.  Please hang in there.

When the show opened I was really expecting a simple injury. That announcement was surprising to say the least. I'm glad the crowd quieted down and listened to Roman. Lost my mother to cancer nearly seven years ago. It was a short fight with how late we realized she was sick. I'm happy they know already with Roman and hope he overcomes this sickness once again.

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Thoughts, prayers and condolences to those here in our little group that have been impacted. Lung cancer got my dad so,e forty years ago, never smoked, rarely drank... He may have gotten exposed to some nasty chemicals during WWII, he was a chemist and spent the war Stateside running Lord knows what kind of tests, so it's very possible, as safety precautions weren't exactly optimum... 

Anyway, here's hoping Roman kicks out of this one!

My grandfather (mom's father) got cancer from the chemicals he was exposed to working at Bristol-Myers Squibb. As you know, I'm not a doctor, but I believe 100% the shit my grandfather was exposed to caused my uncle (mom's brother) to get cancer.

Not that money would have fixed anything, but my grandmother was in no frame of mind to sue, losing her husband and son six months apart. I can't imagine what my family went through. I've been through less and I've been an addict on the verge of suicide.

• Sad 1