DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns has leukemia

RIPPA

I'm surprised they opened the show with that because after that how the heck could anyone want to watch or be able to enjoy the rest of the show? Obviously in the big scheme of things that isn't important but it was a bit surprising.

• Like 2

No words for how shitty that is. At least it's not the old days. Fritz Von Erich or a Vince Russo would have used this to turn Ambrose heel by beating him up and mocking his disease or something. 

• Like 5

Fucking hell.. 

Before the thread gets turned into a shit pile. Remember some things go above and beyond the importance of a fake fighting show we all know and love. Obviously they'll be intrigue as to what they do with the belt and who they push as the guy in his absence, but for now all I can think about are his family. Awful news. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ryan said:

No words for how shitty that is. At least it's not the old days. Fritz Von Erich or a Vince Russo would have used this to turn Ambrose heel by beating him up and mocking his disease or something. 

The scary thing is seeing people online speculating it's a work. Like my God.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

I'm surprised they opened the show with that because after that how the heck could anyone want to watch or be able to enjoy the rest of the show? Obviously in the big scheme of things that isn't important but it was a bit surprising.

The crowd seems to be involved in the opening match, so there’s that. But yeah, I feel incredibly numb after that. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. 

• RIPPA featured this topic

My aunt just died of Leukemia earlier this year caused by another treatment for a different cancer(Thyroid), so this hits close to home, but he's a young man and hopefully has one of the more treatable types. My aunt was basically given a death sentence, but fought as hard as anyone could possibly do so. I won't elaborate, but it was unbelievably rough. Her husband is a saint.

• Sad 9

I really hope he beats this and comes back, because he will be as loved and cheered as much as any wrestler who has ever lived and boy does he deserve it. 

• Like 4

I don't know how I can enjoy Raw. I usually don't for the most part, but not because of serious life issues. I don't want to compare it to Raw is Owen, but it has that somber feeling. I've mentioned before that cancer runs in my family, including my mom's 12 year old brother that had leukemia and her 50 year old father who both passed in 1975, five years before I was born. I've also had five cousins and an aunt pass from cancer since 2001. I wish nothing but the best for Roman and his family. I usually end these with the same line; fuck cancer and all the pain it causes.

• Like 10

I'm just glad that the crowd shut the fuck up as soon as he said the word Leukemia and did a full 180 giving their full support of him by the end of his speech. Wrestling fans aren't always the best people and that could've gone a number of ways.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MonteCarl said:

I'm just glad that the crowd shut the fuck up as soon as he said the word Leukemia and did a full 180 giving their full support of him by the end of his speech. Wrestling fans aren't always the best people and that could've gone a number of ways.

I'd say if by then you didn't realize WWE is a television show and this is makes it seem very, very insignificant then even in today's human climate you are some kind of debris. And fuck cancer. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

My aunt just died of Leukemia earlier this year caused by another treatment for a different cancer(Thyroid), so this hits close to home, but he's a young man and hopefully has one of the more treatable types. My aunt was basically given a death sentence, but fought as hard as anyone could possibly do so. I won't elaborate, but it was unbelievably rough. Her husband is a saint.

Sorry about your aunt man

7 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

My grandfather died due to complications of leukemia last year. He was 90 and had other age related health issues you get at that age though, so hopefully Roman is young and healthy enough to come out on top. 

My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

My condolences to you and your family.