DVDVR Message Board

What do you prefer: WWC or WWL

Noah Mark

I haven't followed Puerto Rican wrestling in years as it's quality has dropped a lot since Quiñones passed away and IWA folded before WWL was born from it's ashes.

Historically, WWC and it's not even close. They were the top promotion for decades until IWA came around and gave them a run for their money.

WWL is a mess and will eventually fold as it always does whenever Negrin gets tired of throwing money away.

I know there's CWA also around that is running some Anniversary event where they are promoting Mecha Wolf/Ricky Banderas, Tessa Blanchard and Teddy Hart/Juentud Guerrera. Pretty sure that won't go down as promoted and the card will end up being something entirely different.

100% Lucha was also around a little while ago. They were more US indy high spot oriented and they ran Mecha Wolf/Lince Dorado some time ago.

I'd say it's closer to 75%. WWC only runs a few shows per month these days compared to twice a week they were running a few years ago. A lot of guys left for the Florida indies but they are slowly coming back. As for WWL vs WWC, I'll go with WWL now. WWC is dreadful to watch with the dead crowds and same guys on top. They have brought in some new guys but most of them aren't very good. WWL runs the same building as WWC but draws a much bigger crowd. I'm liking the IWA/WWL feud they are doing. Edwin is right that it could all end if the money mark leaves but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. CWA isn't too bad as they are mostly WWC castoffs and indie guys. I'm sad the Negro Casas match got canceled.

Somewhat related to Puerto Rican wrestling -- IWA is coming back this Saturday as IWA Florida. They are taping a set of TV shows in Orlando. I'm torn between going there or to the NXT house show in Orlando. They are building it up as a follow up promotion to IWA JAPAN and IWA Puerto Rico.

• 1 month later...