DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

backhand-index-pointing-up-facebook.png 

Great promo. Lex Luger and his finger pointing with thumb out is the stuff of legends. Love me Luger at his best.

Edit: It's crazy how many similarities Luger has with Batista. It's become a thing to discuss among my rasslin' fan friends.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you're going to scream your ass in a promo, this is how you do it.

Man that’s a goodun! That promo could have been plugged in any time Arn Anderson was scheduled to do an interview for the rest of his life. It was his life as a Horsemen in a nutshell. And what a cool shirt. I wonder if there are any left anywhere.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 8:56 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Has this ever been posted here? It’s not the best promo but it could be argued that it was the first BPP promo. I thought this wasn’t in existence similar to the infamous Terry Funk burn incident. Obviously somebody had it on some tape at home. 

After the talk of various tats in the Revolution thread last night, I now have a better understanding of why Scott has his tattoos due to this promo.

I don’t remember the context that promo. I didn’t even remember that Tomko, and Steiner were once tied to one another. But damn that’s b-wrestling entertainment. I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again. Russo booked WCW, and TNA are horrible promotions, but it’s so fun to watch like a shitty movie that aired on your over the air local channel on a Saturday. Pluto TV’s IMPACT channel is the perfect way to watch it. No choosing what episode to watch. No single match I’m looking for. Just pop on the channel, give me a random bad episode, and I’m set for 2 hours.

For American Gladiators it sucks I can’t watch a certain season, but TNA, I don’t give a shit.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

BPP was awesome in TNA. Jim Cornette was good to. Sting accidentally bleeding buckets every week was good to. Much like WCW though, they didn’t know what to do with good things that happened on purpose or by accident. 

Here’s the full version of this. I’ve listened to this dozens of time now and I really think Luger says the F word lol! 

So, how do you put together a promo video for a big match when one half of the match has done absolutely nothing to help promote it? If you're OTT, you do this:

• Thanks 1