DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

Now here's how you do a face turn interview. Of course it ended up with Triple H pounding both guys with a sledgehammer and making them look like giant fools but we'll always have this

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Now here's how you do a face turn interview. Of course it ended up with Triple H pounding both guys with a sledgehammer and making them look like giant fools but we'll always have this

Regal felt so reignited after this. He could’ve become this onscreen badass, if they ended the match on a no contest, and moved him onto another Evolution lackey to keep the babyface heat. But yeah, by the end of the night he felt like he was written off.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GetDown said:

Andrade is really stepping up his Promo game!

My only problem with this is the phrase “Finding your inner demon” isn’t a phrase I’ve ever heard used by Latinos. That’s a writer getting too cute with puns for their own good. But yeah, he’s improved his cadence a lot.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the most rasslin' things you can watch in the comfort of your home right now:

"That's the most stupidest thing, Marc Lowrance... Kevin Von Erich: Television champion. No way in the world."

Terry Gordy is genuinely intimidating,  and KK is straight outta thee steppes.

- RAF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, cwoy2j said:

I will never understand why we never got a hhh vs regal feud out of this. Of course hunter would win because reasons, but could have been so much fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I don't have to prove anything to me."

This is a masterclass by Bill Eadie. I could honestly watch Masked Superstar all day every day:

"You've got some fantastic moves... I've got counters to those moves. If you want to wrestle, I can wrestle. If you want to brawl, I can brawl."

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Terry Gordy, Alabama 1982

"I take a lot of pride in what I do, and what I do is good. Because I know what I'm a-doing when I step out in that squared circle."

I want to start calling everyone "Cool Breeze" now. 

Edited by Captain Kronos
typo
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jimmy Golden's promo after that is even better, DADDY! As is Terry Gordy hiptossing Mike Jackson right on the damn floor.

Breathin' fire, Daddy! 

Love when Gordy launches Jackson over the top rope back into the ring, Jack!

Edited by Captain Kronos