DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I brought up the DVDVR thing about Mark sounding like a dog with peanut butter in its mouth and now this? Inspired, boys. 

The Briscoes also have words for the Hardys

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GO BITE A CARROT, BITCH~!

The promo alone makes me want to see this match even though the broken down Briscoes vs. the barely mobile Hardy Boyz is a sketchy match on paper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pete said:

Here is William Regal being AWESOME.

That promo was nearly 18 years ago and I still vividly recall it. It was one of the greatest promos ever and they really should've had a legit feud after this as I was watching this wanting him to kick Hunter's rosy red ass sooooo bad. It was that great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, KinchStalker said:

Relevant pages from an old Japanese magazine I just scanned.

8adrp8L.jpgj804VOQ.jpg

So where was Umanosuke Ueda working as a Kabuki knockoff? Or did they actually have him out there as Kabuki ala Magic Dragon?

YESSSSSS. One of my favorite promos ever. Both Daves missed their calling as pro wrestlers, especially when Righetti throws shade at Ron Darling. And then two more join the party...

7 hours ago, Pete said:

So where was Umanosuke Ueda working as a Kabuki knockoff? Or did they actually have him out there as Kabuki ala Magic Dragon?

He worked as "Tengu" in World Class and Florida. Kazuo Sakurada said it was a Gary idea. Ueda did bring the gimmick to All Japan in a one-off singles match against Kabuki.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KinchStalker said:

He worked as "Tengu" in World Class and Florida. Kazuo Sakurada said it was a Gary idea. Ueda did bring the gimmick to All Japan in a one-off singles match against Kabuki.

Gotcha. I believe he was based in Pensacola for years so the Florida thing makes sense.

• 1 month later...