DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

On 4/28/2021 at 11:57 PM, Cobra Commander said:

the match was just a setup for the postmatch promo 

Yeah, this match was just the setup for Kevin Sullivan's "It Ain't the Dog's fault" promo.

Mad love for Jim Cornette's heel commentator run.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A rare happy postmatch Ric Flair promo. He did more mad postmatch promos like the one I’m looking for.

The one I’m looking for he ran to the broadcast booth and ran the announcers off. Then he sat down and straightened out the papers on the desk and said with his veins bulging out of his red face...I’M THE HOST! 

Lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was so great but all I can think about was when one of them Briscoes bumped himself over the top rope at that GCW AC run-in surprise return. I swear, I almost passed out from laughing so hard, and the mere thought of the memory of it gives me the giggles. It made me love them for giving me that moment and diminished there badassness in my mind at the same time - kind of a wash. However, their promos & interviews have always been top notch, partially because they are sui generis, if you parlayvoo that Fransay, monsewers.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:57 PM, Cobra Commander said:

the match was just a setup for the postmatch promo (at 2:37)

3:22 ? ? ?

And what a great promo. That could have been 1 of the scariest promos ever done had they took it seriously but of course you can say that about most of Cactus Jack in WCW. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, Roman said:

AWA promo with Nick Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan. Heenan nearly succeeds several times in making Bockwinkel crack and it's glorious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9QVTEUDdQ

Nearly? Bock had to look away from the camera when Heenan made the crack about Gagne breaking a hip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to clip later, but here you have an episode of Central States with for a match between Wahoo and Harley (with Heenan) and Wahoo's promo is from JCP and Harley's is from Saint Louis. 

Wahoo promo with David Crockert at around 23:00

• Like 1