DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES II - 11/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Cleavy said:

Ciampa vs Black at Rumble Takeover, leading to Gargano's redemption at WM weekend over Ciampa.

I can't believe anyone still wants that feud to be dragged even further along. The only good thing about Heel Gargano has been the moving on from two damn years of the same feud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Random thought

I was impressed with both Duke and Shafir's catching ability (along with Baszler)

Both Io and Kairi crazy ass dives from the top turnbuckle to the floor and each was protected perfectly

Meanwhile somehow 7 guys missed Ricochet despite standing around like goofs for 30 seconds

• Like 3

Yeah, I thought that the WarGames match was overbooked but I expected it to be. It was cool especially the Ricochet moonsault. Everyone got to shine. I wish Sane vs Bazler got more time though, the told a good story and I liked Knox and Io getting shine. I agree Dream was "It" and he can go in the ring. He has the presence and he knows it , but it's a bonus that he is insanely good in the ring which he doesn't have to be with him being such a character.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'll take Gargano/Ciampa Unsanctioned personally.

I'd be fine if Gargano and Ciampa are never opponents again in nxt. Now, let's say the Undisputed Era attack Ciampa and he's at a 4 on 1 disadvantage, I'd be ok with Gargano coming to Ciampa's aid when nobody else will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile somehow 7 guys missed Ricochet despite standing around like goofs for 30 seconds

He somehow managed to jump right over/past all of them. And I think it's probably hard for seven guys to take a backwards step all at once with no warning.

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be fine if Gargano and Ciampa are never opponents again in nxt. Now, let's say the Undisputed Era attack Ciampa and he's at a 4 on 1 disadvantage, I'd be ok with Gargano coming to Ciampa's aid when nobody else will.

I was saying it's my NXT MOTY. I do think Johnny winning the belt from Ciampa makes a lot of sense story wise, but they better come up with something real special to do that match again anytime soon.

• Like 2

War Games match was fun but long. Nowhere near the classic stuff, but about on par with last year’s which I didn’t care for as much as everyone else.

Dream is awesome right now. Black and Gargano was damn good. Bazler and Sane was on par with their other stuff but well below the expectations the stip put on them. 

I hope we don’t want Gargano-Ciampa again, especially considering the types of matches they want to work right now. My favourite bout of theirs is still the first round for the CWC. Shortest, least overwrought match they’ve had. And it still had a story that packed a wallop. 

This War Games match might be the most polarizing WWE match since Triple H vs. Undertaker Hell in a Cell.  

I thought parts of the War Games was great and others were not so great.  I liked the spots where they utilized the chain,  those looked nasty.  I LOVED when they were doubling up on Dunne with a submission chain/chair over his face and the others were fending off the faces from the second ring.  I could have bought that as a finish.  

I went back and watched Dream/Ciampa again and it's just fantastic.  Some of those near falls were simply incredible.  It was a fucking brutal match too,  a few of those bumps both Dream and Ciampa will be feeling this morning. 

• Like 1

Heck, I thought when Hanson put a prone O'Reilly through the table with the splash FROM THE OTHER RING that was going to be the finish. But it kept going.

I liked the match but it did feel about ten minutes too long. It had a lot of really cool and fun moments (my personal favorite was O'Reilly not hitting himself with the Kurt Angle Memorial Chair Rebound only to get wiped out immediately afterwards) but I was tired by the end of the match.

I was really surprised with how short Shayna/Kairi was, but with the limits they had, they worked a decent match. Not as good as their past efforts, but squeezing three falls into ten minutes and establishing a future stable war kind of puts a hamper on that. Somehow, on a show with a 720 moonsault off a cage, Io Shirai had the prettiest looking moonsault of the night while wearing jeans.

Black and Gargano was excellent. Gargano still thinking he's a good guy and he was going to win because he's a good guy... until Black put him away. The ending sequence was beautiful. "I absolve you of your sins." *kicks Johnny's head off*

Ciampa is awesome. Dream is awesome. I lost my mind after the Purple Rainmaker as well and then booed lustily when Ciampa won. The kiss on the forehead was a nice touch.

• Like 2

Yeah, that was the best Shirai moonsault since she got to WWE. Perfectly hit and beautiful.

Did anyone not but buy the DVD on the floor/purple rainmaker near fall? I was like "wow they're putting it on Holy fuck!"

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, The Natural said:

DsQIrf2VsAE8oPQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

: D.

I didn't mind the four on four face-off. I would have liked if Ricochet/Dunne/War Raiders went full Demolition or Powers of Pain facepaint. It is thirty years since the Demolition/PoP double turn.

• Like 2

I don't watch NXT often maybe once or twice a year when I remember a Takeover is on, but I will have to change that.  This was my first time seeing Dream perform and he has off the charts it factor.  I feel like he needs to stay in NXT for maybe one more year to continue to polish his wrestling.  Let him learn to carry NXT and then call him up. If they don't rush him, they have a license to print money.

The women's match looked like both women had much more to show than what they did. The champ looked like she didn't need any help at all really but I guess they were trying to advance the storyline.

The match with Black was really really good to me.  Are they always that good? I appreciate Johnny dying for my entertainment at the finish.

I watched last years Wargames match on YouTube before this years match and they were both fun but pinfalls in the match are stupid. You're in wargames because you hate each other.  Make them quit ffs.

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

The match with Black was really really good to me.  Are they always that good? I appreciate Johnny dying for my entertainment at the finish.

That was probably Black's best match. It was probably the fourth or fifth best Gargano match this year.