DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES II - 11/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

That's a good point. I think Bianca is next in line for the title shot, there's only so far her ''un-de-feat-ed'' shtick can go, she's beaten just about everyone. On the face side there's only really Nikki that's established enough to be a challenger, and that program has already been done. Candice is now seemingly a tweener and is being used as a moving piece in the ongoing Gargano/Black feud. Dakota Kai is moving back and forth between the UK brand and hasn't found her footing yet, and Baszler has beat her. Come to think of it, the face side of the women's division needs major reconstruction, unless Io gets pushed off the rip. 

It's been a long time since I wasn't hungover on a Saturday so I'm pumped for this show. 

Reminder - Kickoff show is only 30 minutes so that starts are 6:30 pm EST. Show starts at 7.

Also - it is also only blocked for 2 1/2 hours (not that they can run long if necessary)

7 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Sane/Baszler is indeed tough to call. 'Winner get the title, loser gets called up' is harshest stip in the company but I think Shayna's the one who can swim a little better so I think Kairi should win here and they can keep the Horsewomen feud going by having Shayna go after Becky for Ronda.

The Horsewomen feud hasn't really started yet. Before now it was just Becky vs. Ronda. Unless they have Ronda murder Charlotte to piss off Becky, it will probably stick to that until WM.

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

Main reason I think Kairi wins is that she has more established opponents lined up (Evens and Belair).  No one on the face side of NXT seems like they're ready to be next to face Baszler.

Evans is ready for the main roster and almost certain goign to be called up soon. They just brought up Shaffir and Duke with Evolution. Shayna will stick around to guide them so they are ready for then main roster. I can see Belair getting a match with Shayna since she is in a weird spot where she really isn't looked at too strongly as a heel in NXT. Io could also be brought up. Mia Yim and Deonna are also around.

I had hoped Hero and Riddle could have had a longer match but this was clearly done to start up a feud. 

The women's match went really quick for a 2/3 falls match. It was a solid outing but the two have had better matches.

Gargano/Black was intense and never let up. There was plenty of solid psychology and brutal, creative offense from both guys. 

Velveteen Dream has great character work and charisma to spare, but I still think his wrestling isn't quite there yet. I didn't think he had any chance to win this match and it was the bout on the show I was least interested in. That said, it was perfectly laid out with numerous times I was on the edge of my seat thinking Dream was actually going to win. Whomever the agent for this match was needs to book everything in the company.

When Dunne got locked in the cage I was afraid Wargames was going to have some kind of fuck finish again, but the match was fantastic. Every guy got plenty of shit in and there were plenty of crazy spots that didn't come off as overly convoluted and botched. Honestly I think the War Raiders looked the best out of everyone in here.

Everything aside from WarGames was great.

WarGames was just way to long and dragged a lot of the time.

Gargano is in the running for wrestler of the year along with Riddle and WALTER.