DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES II - 11/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Damn it I know Triple H isn't a fan for these really long WWE shows but Takeover is definitely to the point where 3 hours is not too much.  But given how long you really should give to the War Games match and probably Black vs Gargano even that might be not be enough.    Riddle vs Ohno is definitely a match that can't really be done in 6 - 8 minutes

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - due to the time the matches need, it will only be a 4 match show

Riddle/Ohno will be taped before the show to air on TV

Just looked for the time of War Games last year, 36:33. I can see this year's around the same or even longer. 

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

Just looked for the time of War Games last year, 36:33. I can see this year's around the same or even longer. 

Especially if they stagger the entrances like a normal War Games match, as opposed to last year’s team entrances.

• Like 1

I kinda wish they made Executioner's Tax the official song for the WarGames match. It's reusing a song, but that song fucking rocks and it's way fucking better than the song they're using this year.

Man, I'm going to have to re-watch last year's WarGames match tonight. I'm so fucking pumped up for it. I thought the match last year was awesome. Just ridiculously fun. I'm starting to think of who might be the Killian Dain of this year's match (Dain ate the key to the cage!), who is going to bleed hardway, what goofy ass thing KOR is going to do, what crazy ass thing is Ricochet going to do, etc. 

It's also crazy to think of where everyone from last year is now. Cole became the first North American champion, TUE are two time tag champs, the AOP are Raw tag champs, Roddy did the logical thing and joined TUE and is a tag champ, Fish blew out his knee and is just now making his return in one of the damnedest matches ever, and Sanity is dead in the water.

I know we all got giddy over Sanity getting drafted to SDL, but can we just send all of them back down to NXT? They were fucking awesome there. I want a renewed storyline with them and Black, I want Dain vs Ricochet, hell, I want Dain vs Riddle or Lee in an NXT ring, I want tag matches between Sanity and the War Raiders.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I know we all got giddy over Sanity getting drafted to SDL, but can we just send all of them back down to NXT? They were fucking awesome there. I want a renewed storyline with them and Black, I want Dain vs Ricochet, hell, I want Dain vs Riddle or Lee in an NXT ring, I want tag matches between Sanity and the War Raiders.

Send the Revival to NXT at the same time.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, Eivion said:

Eh, to be fair this year's SS has AJ/Brock which was great last year and Becky/Ronda which could easily end up great. Other than that though there really isn't a good reason choose SS if you are actually into to both NXT and the main roster. War Games has better build and more potential great matches.

• Haha 3

Sane/Baszler is indeed tough to call. 'Winner get the title, loser gets called up' is harshest stip in the company but I think Shayna's the one who can swim a little better so I think Kairi should win here and they can keep the Horsewomen feud going by having Shayna go after Becky for Ronda.

• Like 1